Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Johnson Bros. Winchester Dishes Table

Posted by kathleen_li (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 2, 11 at 18:45

I used the pretty dishes my neighbor gave me when she was purging.
Hope you enjoy!
Thanks for looking.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flowery Table

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Johnson Bros. Winchester Dishes Table

I can't begin to tell you how many times I tried to
post a comment on your blog...I even reset my password with no luck...I've all but given up.

Anyway, I wanted to say how much I loved this setting. The dishes and napkins are just beautiful and the green glassware and flatware are perfect compliments.
A couple of weeks ago, I bought 4 Winchester Dishes (round)...but just love your square ones.
Luky you to have such a generous neighbor...with good taste!

Your food made my mouth water..everything looked so good...
What lucky picnic-goers!

jane

o

BEAUTIFUL table...LOVE the "free" dishes! Such a lovely pattern and your silverware, napkins, etc. go so well with them.

o

Those very lovely Winchester dishes again...yes, perfect for June! I would not have thought to pair them w/rattan mats, & with your new purchase of the napkin rings, it all pulls together so perfectly...love it!

Your friend's napkins were made for these plates...esp the green edging on the napkins & how it pulls the green from the plates...great combo! Flatware & stemware are beautiful companions to the Winchester plates.

Oh, everything is lovely, Kathleen & it's 'bursting' of 'summer' days ahead! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I saw this gorgeous setting on the Thurs table blog, and loved it. Especially that green flatware!! I don't usually get too excited about that stuff, LOL, but this green was definitely something that got me!

The rattan chargers were perfect to use with these dishes, really showcased them. Hard to believe your neighbor wanted to part with them, but glad she did for you.

hugs, Karen

o

Beautiful table, Kathleen
The FREE dishes are lovely.
I wouldn't have thought to use the rattan placemats
and napkin rings, they look great. The green stemware
is really pretty.
The Peach Cobbler looks delicious. I think I will make it
when peaches are in season here.
TFS
NanaK

o

That cake sounds heavenly and your table is lovely. Those napkins couldn't have matched any better. The green flatware is so pretty, I love green more and more. Your table doesn't look thrifty at all, very nice indeed.
Frou

o

Kathleen, another beautiful table. Hope your neighbor will have the chance to see this one! Love the napkins, gr stems, candles and flatware that add some extra color on this table.

Those napkins look like they could of been made to go with the dishes. Wow, the rattan chargers, napkin rings and basket are perfect to set off this table. Lovely flowers too.

Fresh peaches and pears sound wonderful as I haven't bought any this year. The star pancakes are to cute. All your food looks super as always.

Punk

o

Came back for another look and didn't see my post here. Must have clicked the wrong button--again! Anyway, I love those dishes, sort of Victorian looking and so pretty. Your food pictures are always so awesome too and you come up with such a nice variety of recipes--how do you do that? I seem to get "stuck in a rut" way too much. LOL

Luvs

o

Thanks so much dear ladies, for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate it!

Luvs, I like to try new things, so I am always looking for ideas in mags, or if we eat out and I like something I try to duplicate it.
You know I did catering part time after dh had the stroke, so I tried out new things a lot. Some you make once, some over and over! :)
Jane, I am short 1 winchester square salad, so if you ever see it, please pick it up and I will reimburse you!

o

Kathleen..I'll keep an eye out for you on that square plate.

jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here