Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_li

Johnson Bros. Winchester Dishes Table

kathleen_li
12 years ago

I used the pretty dishes my neighbor gave me when she was purging.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for looking.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flowery Table

Comments (10)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

I can't begin to tell you how many times I tried to
    post a comment on your blog...I even reset my password with no luck...I've all but given up.

Anyway, I wanted to say how much I loved this setting. The dishes and napkins are just beautiful and the green glassware and flatware are perfect compliments.
    A couple of weeks ago, I bought 4 Winchester Dishes (round)...but just love your square ones.
    Luky you to have such a generous neighbor...with good taste!

Your food made my mouth water..everything looked so good...
    What lucky picnic-goers!

jane

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

BEAUTIFUL table...LOVE the "free" dishes! Such a lovely pattern and your silverware, napkins, etc. go so well with them.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Those very lovely Winchester dishes again...yes, perfect for June! I would not have thought to pair them w/rattan mats, & with your new purchase of the napkin rings, it all pulls together so perfectly...love it!

Your friend's napkins were made for these plates...esp the green edging on the napkins & how it pulls the green from the plates...great combo! Flatware & stemware are beautiful companions to the Winchester plates.

Oh, everything is lovely, Kathleen & it's 'bursting' of 'summer' days ahead! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I saw this gorgeous setting on the Thurs table blog, and loved it. Especially that green flatware!! I don't usually get too excited about that stuff, LOL, but this green was definitely something that got me!

The rattan chargers were perfect to use with these dishes, really showcased them. Hard to believe your neighbor wanted to part with them, but glad she did for you.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Beautiful table, Kathleen
    The FREE dishes are lovely.
    I wouldn't have thought to use the rattan placemats
    and napkin rings, they look great. The green stemware
    is really pretty.
    The Peach Cobbler looks delicious. I think I will make it
    when peaches are in season here.
    TFS
    NanaK

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

That cake sounds heavenly and your table is lovely. Those napkins couldn't have matched any better. The green flatware is so pretty, I love green more and more. Your table doesn't look thrifty at all, very nice indeed.
    Frou

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kathleen, another beautiful table. Hope your neighbor will have the chance to see this one! Love the napkins, gr stems, candles and flatware that add some extra color on this table.

Those napkins look like they could of been made to go with the dishes. Wow, the rattan chargers, napkin rings and basket are perfect to set off this table. Lovely flowers too.

Fresh peaches and pears sound wonderful as I haven't bought any this year. The star pancakes are to cute. All your food looks super as always.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Came back for another look and didn't see my post here. Must have clicked the wrong button--again! Anyway, I love those dishes, sort of Victorian looking and so pretty. Your food pictures are always so awesome too and you come up with such a nice variety of recipes--how do you do that? I seem to get "stuck in a rut" way too much. LOL

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much dear ladies, for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate it!

Luvs, I like to try new things, so I am always looking for ideas in mags, or if we eat out and I like something I try to duplicate it.
    You know I did catering part time after dh had the stroke, so I tried out new things a lot. Some you make once, some over and over! :)
    Jane, I am short 1 winchester square salad, so if you ever see it, please pick it up and I will reimburse you!

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Kathleen..I'll keep an eye out for you on that square plate.

jane

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions