Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Crafting with plates

luvstocraft
13 years ago

I am playing with dishes now, but just not in tablescapes. I went treasure shopping and found some nice plates that I thought I could use for some holiday decor.

I started off with a couple for the 4th of July holiday coming up, then the colors on the others enticed me to do a couple other holidays. They are just plates and tiles I found while "treasure shopping". I also made a couple Father's/Grandfather's day items as well.

I get excited when I make something and only have DH to share with, so I like to show them to all of you. If you'd rather I wait and show them in my holiday decor pics, just let me know and I'll do that. ;o)

Luvs

Comments (11)

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

I can;t speak for anyone else, but I'm hunting for holiday ideas year round. You do such neat things. Just love them.Sure wish I had a little of your artistic talent. Janet

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Holiday stuff is for EVERY day. ;o)

I love that 4th one about Tomorrow's Memories! What a wonderful saying that is!
    And I also LUV that Halloween plate. Way too cute.

Everything is neat, as usual. You know I'm one of your biggest fans, LOL.
    hugs, Karen

• peaceinhim
    13 years ago

I enjoy looking at decorations year round. As a "grandmama" of four (soon to be five) grand-daughters, I especially love the tile about that subject. Your work is always well-done! Susan

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Now the plates!!! WOW, you just keep getting better & better with your ideas! I loved the blocks but these are just wonderful, too! I love 'em all...but the simplicity & colors of the Christmas plate call to me! TFS, luvs! WOW! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good morning all, glad you liked seeing my holiday creations. DH is pretty supportive and he likes when I'm working on stuff like this because I don't bug him about "honey dos" if I'm "creating". ;o)

Janet, I'm so glad you like holiday ideas regardless of the time of year. I'm not that artistic--but if I see something I can usually do my version of it!

Karen, you are always so supportive and encouraging--I need that! When I spotted the little orange plate, I knew it needed to be decorated for Halloween. Now I have a new reason to haunt the "treasure shops" don't I? LOL

Susan, I've seen so many wonderful "sayings" and designs for little girls and boys. I need to make a few for my GD's room. I have a 6 yr. old GD and we love "tea parties"--you can really have some fun ones with five little GDs. ;o)

Jeanne, my pictures are never as sharp as I'd like. That red plate actually has black speckles through it and I thought it was sorta unique. I just found a bright red one that says Pier One on the back, so will have to do something with it. The nice thing is that if I decide I want to use the plate for something else, I can remove the vinyl without any harm to the plate.

I put the machine away yesterday and hoped to get busy doing some painted items. Lots of projects earmarked in my books but just can't seem to get started on even one for some reason. The painting forum really needs some activity so I had better get busy so I can have things to share over there too! Send me some "motivational vibes" okay? ;o)

Luvs

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

I second what Karen said...I enjoy 'Holiday Stuff' anytime....I especially enjoy what you create,
    because it's always so inspiring.
    Love what you did with the plates. Like Jeanne...I like the simplicity and color of the Christmas one..but I love the Halloween one too. What type of pain do you use and how do you clean them?
    I can relate to the Gdtr sign. With 3 Gsons, who are 'rough and tumble'....I treasure every moment of hugs and kisses from my Gdtr.
    Whenever you want to 'Show & Tell' what you create...I for one, love looking.

jane

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Jane, these are not painted--just the vinyl cut with my die cut machine. The haunted house designs were on one of the cartridges the machine uses and I just put them together on the plate. I'm told you can wash items that have the outdoor vinyl on them, but for these I'd just wipe them off--they are only decorative, not to eat on.

I know you enjoy your grands so much--wish we could keep them little sometimes don't we? Mine is coming over later and spending the night with me. It tickles me that it's such a treat for her--and I plan to enjoy every minute of her time that I can. Won't be long until she will be busy with friends and activities and won't have much time for us. Grandpa claimed that plaque for his computer room, and the other tile is going to her Daddy for Father's Day.

Luvs

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Oh Luvs...'silly me'...Here I thought you hand painted the designs on! Now I understand what you did...I've seen that machine and what it does but didn't connect the plates to that machine!! duh...lol
    I remember watching an informercial on it...and was so facinated...however, when I saw the price of it...I thought..maybe not now. I do enjoy seeing all your creations from it. What fun it's got to be dreaming up all sorts of projects with it.
    What great gifts for DH and your Gdtr's Daddy! No better gift than something that's lasting and memorable.
    Enjoy your night with Gdtr..you're so right they grow and move on much too quickly.

jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Luvs, I was just thinking its a darn good thing I'm not planning to get one of those machines. Considering how many sayings I've collected, I could easily do an entire WALL with words. LOL. Oh but what fun that would be!
    I'm nuts about sayings, and because the funny ones always seem to have a lot of truth, they are usually my favorites.

I recently bought Jason a sign to put by his door, the perfect one for him...
    "Unless You're God, or George Strait, Wipe Your Feet"
    It cracks me up every time I see it. (he's loved George Strait since he was a teenager).

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL, Karen, I saw that sign on a site somewhere and laughed about it too.

I've collected so many great ideas now, just need to get busy making them. I keep trying to figure out places I can use them too. I like making the signs, plates, and tiles better than making cards. DH says it's the best "present" he ever gave me--keeps me busy and not bugging him. LOL

Oh, and I just saw Joanne's ad, the "Baby bug" which is the one I have is on sale for $89.00--they usually sell for allot more.

Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

luvs ...I do love that red plate you found & the lettering is perfect! I wondered if it had black flecks because I have seen those somewhere??? (and thought they were so cool)...they are pottery, right? Would like to find 4 of them...ugh! Did I say that? And 4 white dinner plates, too! OMGosh...no, no, no! Where to store! Your's is beautiful! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions