Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Outdoor 4th Decorations

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

I put my totems out with my $tree flowers in a pot. Karen, I used the Krylon navy paint you told us about to paint the pot. I added a BB that I had and some giant pinwheels. DH was not impressed with this display and I have to say it's not my favorite either. Oh well, you can really see it well from the street and I do like the pinwheels spinning in the breeze.

Frou

{{gwi:140331}}

Comments (9)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

That is really pretty, Frou! I told you how much I loved your RWB Totems over on GJ Forum, but this whole vignette is wonderful. Can't believe DH doesn't like it. Its unique and fun! Then again, he's a "DH". LOL. And they have perfected the eye roll.

Isn't it great how that paint actually matches our cobalt yard stuff? Apparently Krylon doesn't know the difference between cobalt and navy. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Hey! That's very Fourth of July-ish. I love it. Nice that you can see it from the street. I always love it when people fix up their yards so you can enjoy the spirit as you drive around town.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Very pretty & festive Frou...
    Your colorful display gives a real feel of 'Summertime and the 4th'
    I agree with OA, it's nice that people can enjoy it too as they pass by.
    Nice job.

jane

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

That looks great!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Frou, great decor. Your totems are so neat and the more I see these, the more I think about making some myself. I have a bowling ball with those same colors but I loaned it to my neice and she's never returned it. Must be time to mention this to her. The spinners will capture attention and look sweet with your display.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Punk, the Totems are such fun to make. And darn things are addictive. It makes staying out of the glass dept of thrift stores impossible. LOL. I've made around 20.
    We all use GE Silicone II for Doors n Windows (the clear version). That stuff works fantastic. And a razor blade removes it if necessary.

If you want to see a bunch of diverse totems, check out the Garden Junk Totem Album I put together for the gang over there. Birdbath and Butterfly water totems are really cool too. You can do them for holidays as Frou showed. There's a Halloween one in our album.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Totem pictures

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Karen, thanks so much for the link. If I didn't have company coming I would be buying some silicone and having a blast after seeing all these beautiful creations. Just loved looking at all of them. Thanks again.

Punk

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

frou...my GKids would LOVE to see those pinwheels in my yard! perfect for 4th of JULY & CELEBRATIN'! Your totems are beautiful as I commented on GJ...one on the left my fav. Enjoy the holidays! Jeanne S. (and I remember those swirly colored BB's...awesome one for this holiday! Yeah! Jeanne S

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

How great that you have totems for this holiday! I would do that--but there's that darn storage issue again! Really neat BB and you didn't even have to paint it, how lucky is that? Those big pinwheels really add to the festive touch--so fun. You've got the spirit, gal. ;o)

Luvs