Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outdoor 4th Decorations

Posted by excessfroufrou (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 28, 10 at 13:37

I put my totems out with my $tree flowers in a pot. Karen, I used the Krylon navy paint you told us about to paint the pot. I added a BB that I had and some giant pinwheels. DH was not impressed with this display and I have to say it's not my favorite either. Oh well, you can really see it well from the street and I do like the pinwheels spinning in the breeze.
Frou

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outdoor 4th Decorations

That is really pretty, Frou! I told you how much I loved your RWB Totems over on GJ Forum, but this whole vignette is wonderful. Can't believe DH doesn't like it. Its unique and fun! Then again, he's a "DH". LOL. And they have perfected the eye roll.

Isn't it great how that paint actually matches our cobalt yard stuff? Apparently Krylon doesn't know the difference between cobalt and navy. LOL.

hugs, Karen

o

Hey! That's very Fourth of July-ish. I love it. Nice that you can see it from the street. I always love it when people fix up their yards so you can enjoy the spirit as you drive around town.

o

Very pretty & festive Frou...
Your colorful display gives a real feel of 'Summertime and the 4th'
I agree with OA, it's nice that people can enjoy it too as they pass by.
Nice job.

jane

o

That looks great!

o

Frou, great decor. Your totems are so neat and the more I see these, the more I think about making some myself. I have a bowling ball with those same colors but I loaned it to my neice and she's never returned it. Must be time to mention this to her. The spinners will capture attention and look sweet with your display.

Punk

o

Punk, the Totems are such fun to make. And darn things are addictive. It makes staying out of the glass dept of thrift stores impossible. LOL. I've made around 20.
We all use GE Silicone II for Doors n Windows (the clear version). That stuff works fantastic. And a razor blade removes it if necessary.

If you want to see a bunch of diverse totems, check out the Garden Junk Totem Album I put together for the gang over there. Birdbath and Butterfly water totems are really cool too. You can do them for holidays as Frou showed. There's a Halloween one in our album.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Totem pictures

o

Karen, thanks so much for the link. If I didn't have company coming I would be buying some silicone and having a blast after seeing all these beautiful creations. Just loved looking at all of them. Thanks again.

Punk

o

frou...my GKids would LOVE to see those pinwheels in my yard! perfect for 4th of JULY & CELEBRATIN'! Your totems are beautiful as I commented on GJ...one on the left my fav. Enjoy the holidays! Jeanne S. (and I remember those swirly colored BB's...awesome one for this holiday! Yeah! Jeanne S

o

How great that you have totems for this holiday! I would do that--but there's that darn storage issue again! Really neat BB and you didn't even have to paint it, how lucky is that? Those big pinwheels really add to the festive touch--so fun. You've got the spirit, gal. ;o)

Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here