Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Too late for Tulips?? Red/purple table

christmascandy
12 years ago

I found these tulip dishes last year at a TS. Spring just got away from me with all I have been doing, so since it is still spring for one more day...

The candyshot:

A different angle:

The white ironstone pitcher was a $2.99 TS find last week.

The red silk tulips are some I have had for a long time. The little tulip candleholder was TS a few yrs ago.

The tulip dishes are TS, as are the chargers. There are also red bordered TS plates under the tulip plates. The red flatware was Ross last yr.

The napkins are TS, but the silver napkin rings and silver candlesticks are decades old. The red tablecloth was also TS. The clear goblets are DT, and the red stems were TS.

I love summer, so am looking forward to tomorrow!

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (11)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, never too late for tulips! These tulip plates are lovely! And what a $bargain on the ironstone pitcher...love that R&W combo! ...same w/your linens...napkins look wonderful w/silver rings! You're getting some good mileage w/that red flatware, candy...love it! All this with your white wicker is just beautiful! I love summer, too! TFS! Jeanne S.

Your tulips reminded me of one of my fav photos from a few yrs ago..."Tulip under the Dogwoods"...I've used this pic frequently on cards..so "happy last day of Spring!"

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy, what a pretty table to end our spring season. Great Candy shots! The tulips on the plates are so pretty and I always like a red and white table. Your candle holders are wonderful with all the other silver. The flatware almost looks lit up.Woohoo

Punk

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Candy, what a lovely setting. Your tulip dishes are so pretty, and all the red -white and silver accents look so pretty and just pop! Especially in your 'Candy Shot'...
    Great buy on the Ironstone Pitcher too.
    I'd love to know where you store all your dishes..you have so many collections and always seem so organized!

jane

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

I agree with what Punk and Jane said, it all looks lovely and red/white is one of my most favorite combos. I really like your dishes, what a wonderful find. Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Thanks for sharing another wonderful table, Candy
    The red tablecloth is the perfect accent for your pretty tulip plates. I love the tulip candle holder.The ironstone pitcher was a great find. The red flat ware does seem to glow.
    Your Candy shots are the best.
    I really enjoyed seeing the last tulips of Spring!
    NanaK

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Candy, it's never too late for a beautiful table. That sure is pretty. I don't know where spring got too, It didn't last long enough for me. I love the red and silver combination. It does just sem to sparkle.Janet

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

I just love those dishes! Everything just looks so put together and so lovely! I would never guess any of your tables were thrift items. You find the most wonderful things! As an aside Candy~There is a thrifting meetup taking place here in Denver on Saturday July 9. Let me know if you would like additional info.

Kath

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Beautiful table! LOVE the dishes and since red is my favorite color, it's always the right time for it!

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Those tulip dishes are beautiful! They look lovely on your table!

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I fell in love with the red flatware as soon as I saw it! Happy Summer!

Punk, The handles are clear, so that is why they look like they glow when the flash goes off! I liked that the plates were different than the usual pastel tulip colors.

Jane, they are hiding out in the basement and I definitely need to do some more organizing down there! LOL

Luvs, the white pitcher was just what I needed to hold the red tulips, and I really liked the pop of the red.

Nana, thanks, I just stand on the chair and hold the camera over the table.

Janet, I hope summer doesn't fly as fast as spring, but I am afraid it will!

Kath, I would love to go, but I have tickets to the Women's Open at the Broadmoor! Golf is my first passion, so I will have to pass this time.

Marlene, I also like red a lot.

Kathleen, Thanks, I always appreciate the compliments.

Thanks again everybody,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Candy, forgive me for taking the easy way out on your lovely table...but DITTO what all the others have said. I couldn't agree more.
    I love those dishes. Didn't even know I was a "tulip kinda girl". LOL. ( Wildflowers, or violets, is more Me.)

You always find the prettiest things for your tables.
    hugs, Karen

Sponsored
More Discussions