Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Father's Day Table

nana2010_gw
11 years ago

I did this table last Year, but I wasn't able to get it posted. My idea was to use figurines to depict things that Dad's did.

But I could only find a few of them.

So I added some things my DH liked to do .

From 2011_06_20

I used a tan sheet as a tablecloth.

The figurines are from thrift stores.

The bread plate and butter dishes with the outdoor scene I've had for along time.

From 2011_06_20
From 2011_06_20
From 2011_06_20
From 2011_06_20

TFLOOKIN

Nana

Comments (9)

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Nana...I love the Father's Day table you created!
    First off...LOVE the ties...such a cute and once again clever idea from you!
    The two figures are perfect tributes to what Dad's/DH's
    love to do along with the Motorcycle and the old cars
    (love the woodie). The brown dishes, glass
    sherberts and flatware, with your 'manly accessories' added,
    would make any Father or DH very happy
    to be sitting there. The only thing they'd wonder about is
    'Whats For Dinner' !!! lol
    Love what you did.
    jane

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Nana, as Jane said, I love the Father's Day table you created! She really summed it all up and I totally agree with all her comments.

I'm so happy you shared last years table for us to enjoy. Do you have one planned for this year? We are having a BDay party on Sat. for DGD. I think DH may be looking at a lot of pink still for Father's Day.LOL

Punk

• maximavswife
    11 years ago

What a wonderful manly table! The ties are perfect as are your figurines! If had not told me the tablecloth was a sheet (genius) I would be asking where you found such a beautiful cloth in that color!! Perfect table Nana!
    Kath

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Oh nana, the absolute steal of this t'scape is the 'ties!' ...how you chose those (are they memories of your DH) ...I ask that because my Mom made my sis & I each a small lil' cuddly pillow after we lost Dad ...& she made it from his Sunday church ties! She sent along a note saying how when we missed him, maybe this pillow could help...I carry it with me in my car.

The figurines you've chosen & the dishes...so very 'manly' ...jusst a waa-yyy cute (no, made that handsome)table! Love the old bread & butter dishes esp! TFS! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Jane,I think bar-b-ques and cook outs will be the menu for many father's Day celebrations don't you?

Punk, I hope your DGD has a wonderful Birthday. I bet your DH won't care if he has a pink table for Father's Day.

Thank you Kath.

Jeanne, My DH wore ties only when the occasion called for them. The tie with the Lions on it was to commemorate his
    trip to Africa with some friends. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and it was a great adventure.
    How wonderful of your Mom to make those pillows from your Dad's ties. I'm sure they hold many memories.

Nana

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Very cool table Nana! Love your use of the neckties and the bread and butter plates are so neat! The color scheme is very manly too!

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

What a delightful table, Nana. And like the others, I love the ties. Who'd have thought! Well, obviously you did! I bet you might have a bunch borrowing this idea in the future. Especially if it shows up on someone's blog. I hope it does.

That was so neat your dear husband got a trip to Africa. It must have been such a thrill. Hope he took lots of photos for you.

I have to admit I'm not looking forward to Father's Day, just can't believe its already the 2nd one without my Dad.
    But I do enjoy seeing tablescapes and decor, and thinking of all the wonderful Dads (here and gone) who hold special places in our hearts.

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Ditto to what everybody else said!

Super job, clever ideas, perfect execution. Hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day.

TFS,
    Candy

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Nana, what a great manly looking table. I'm going to remember that tie idea for sure. How did you ever think of that, it looks great. I like the figurines too, and the vehicles. Lovely scenic dish. Bet you had fun putting this all together. Luvs

Sponsored
More Discussions