Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

My dream is coming true

maximavswife
12 years ago

We have lived in our home for almost 8 years now. Although we pretty much love everything about it, there are things on our list that we wish, nay dream, of having in the home. Well, after scrimping, saving and paying things off we are finally at the point where we can turn the unused formal living room into a dining room! Squeee!! My dream dining room is to be!! We have ordered the wood for the floor and have scheduled the install for the end of this month. We will be doing the entire lower level of our home with the exception of the kitchen as well as the upstairs hallway and DH's office.

I can hardly wait until it is all done. I will then be on the hunt for a buffet or china cabinet to bring some of my favorite dishes out of the bins they are hidden in now! I will be able to set up a tablescape and leave it up for as long as I want to enjoy instead of setting it up, take pictures and then put it all away again!

I cannot tell you how excited I am about this! I will post before and afters once things start going.

Kath

Comments (12)

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Kath...That is wonderful news. I am really happy for you. Look forward to seeing your pictures.
    Marylee

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

I'm so happy to hear your good news!
    How exciting to look forward to these new changes to your home. The fact that you can finally take out your china and set up a new hutch or buffet - I can picture you doing the 'Happy Dance' !
    Look foward to following the before & afters.
    I lived in an old house for 28 yrs, and enjoyed many renovations..I feel your excitemnet!

jane

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

maxi...isn't this just the most exciting news!!! Good for you & DH! It's good to be able to see some dreams come true! I am excited for you!

Hardwood floors sound wonderful...our small ranch house has hardwood in bedrooms & hall...but carpet in the rest except lineoleum in kitchen...I would love to go all hardwood as you described (except your kitchen).

Will be looking forward to progress reports & then the 'finale' of a china closet, buffet, table or whatever you find that suites you! TFS, maxi! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Such great news!! I know you are excited and can't wait to see the progress pictures! WOOHOO for you!!

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Yay!!
    How exciting. Are you doing the work yourselves or having it done?
    I would love hardwood instead of the white tile that I currently have, but there is so much, that changing it out would be a small fortune!
    Do you know if you want a hutch with open shelves or doors?? What fun!!

Looking forward to the pictures.

Candy

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Great News!! Kath.
    I am happy that your dream is coming true.
    Have fun on the hunt for a buffet or China Cabinet.
    I am looking forward to seeing Pictures too.
    NanaK

• maximavswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone. I knew this was the right place to share my excitement with and be understood :)
    ~Candy - DH decided this is too big of project for him to take on by himself. The carpets have to be removed as well as baseboards and then the baseboards would have to be put back up. We are going with Lumber Liquidators and using their contractors for installation. They say it will take 3 days to complete the project. We are going with a thicker 12 mil product which should last us a long time. It's just the 2 of us and the small pup so we shouldn't be too hard them :) When we went to the showroom to order the price was actually lower than stated online! We were thrilled with that good news!! We had already planned to take the last week of June off from work for some much needed R&R and they were able to get us on the install schedule for then. So much for R&R right?
    As far as a hutch or buffet table, it will just have to speak to me. We will wait until the floors are done and move the table in before we decide what will work in the room. I am not opposed to doing a refurb on a thrifted piece!
    I will post pictures of the progress as it happens. Stay tuned LOL.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kath's flooring choice

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

That is good news!

I gave my son our dining room set when we moved here 10 yrs ago. It was perfect for their house, and it was a very good set. Now they are getting one, and mine has to be given away. It is killing me. I know they could sell it on Craigs list but we don't want strangers coming to the house, and son works long hours!
    I wish I could find room for the china closet here, it is a lovely one, not huge with pretty lines.

I am sure you will have fun outfitting your new dining room!

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Kath, I am so happy for you. Good things really do come to those who wait. Can't wait to see your pics, and I can really relate to not having room to display things. I find things all the time that I had totally forgotten about. TFS Janet

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Good for you Kath, I can just feel your excitment. You will have fun shopping for just the right piece for in there. Then not only will you be able to set pretty tables to enjoy, but you can decorate the hutch/cabinet for the holidays too. Will be watching for the pictures to come. Luvs

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Kath that is wonderful. I know you will have such fun decorating, and taking us along with you on this adventure!
    I can't wait to see what all you do.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kath, I'm so happy your dream DR is about to start coming together! Sounds like you are more than tickled.(Fun) I'll bet your already watching for the right buffet or china cabinet so you can enjoy all your pretty dishes every day.

I need to refloor but have so much heavy furniture that I've put ot off for several years now. Hope your pictures will inspire me to get moving!

Punk

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions