Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Butterflies and Hydrangeas

Posted by nana2010 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 10:52

Back in early Spring DD#2 and I attended a tablescaping show There were so many creative tables. Most were designed for weddings or large parties.
This one really caught my eye.

From 2013-03-03 (by Eye-Fi)

I wish I was able to use back lighting the way they did.

Mine doesn't look much like the original, but it gave me the opportunity to use the hydrangea S@Ps i bought a few years ago.

From 2013-05-20 (by Eye-Fi)

I found the butterfly bush at Big Lots and attached them to curly willow branches I got at the grocery store. I had everything else.

I thought I used more butterflies..hmmm... some must have flown away.

I think it is the perfect time of year for a butterfly and hydrangea table. Don't you?

tflookin
Nana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Butterflies and Hydrangeas

Your table is lovely, Nana. I like it better than the big original one in fact. That was pretty, but it had waaay too many pastels for me....looked like Spring hadn't sprung, but had exploded. LOL.
I'll take the quiet blues of yours, calming and not overdone.

hugs, Karen

o

Ohhh, nana ... the colors are so beautiful that you have chosen in your dishes, linens & centerpc butterflies/hydrangeas! So lovely! Love the pinks in the china w/the blue accessories & also those S&P shakers! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Such a pretty table Nana...I agree with Karen, I like your's better than the original...way too busy - but a great inspiration for yours.
I like the soft colors you chose and how you created the CP with the Butterflies and Curly Willow. Hydrangea are one of my favorite flowers and I like how they compliment the colors in your TS and especially your delicate china.
TFS...Jane

o

Thank you ladies The original table was done on a banquet table and I believe it was meant to be over the top. Most of the tables at the show were very elaborate. Like this one:

From 2013-03-03 (by Eye-Fi)

Anyway I'm glad you liked my rendition.

Nana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here