Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

roses and pearls

nana2010_gw
12 years ago

Here's hoping those celebrating June Birthdays had a wonderful day!

I was visiting my DD yesterday and she tried sending pictures from her computer, but GW wouldn't let us post. Sooo..She emailed links of the tables to me so that I could post them. I hope no one minds that I'm sending a link to the table.

I can't seem to be able to send multiple links so there is only one picture, but is a good one I think.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy22/kamaly146/June%20Birthday/IMG_0798.jpg

The dishes belonged to my DGM and I used them the first time I posted here on GW. [they are Delaware pattern by Haviland]I used a silver tray on the bottom so they would stand out and a white Gibson salad plate for contrast. The pink sherbets my DGD found at a yard sale. I think they go well with the pink stems I found at a thrift store. My DD and DSIL bought this beautiful table cloth and napkin set for me while vacationing in St. Thomas this past Spring. I've had the pitcher the roses are in for a long time.

I hope you enjoyed looking.

NanaK

Comments (13)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

I posted it here for you, nana...

Oh, what a beautiful table...& esp so wonderful w/all the memories it evokes for you! The t'cloth is GORGEOUS & being a gift besides makes it very special!

Great to see your DGM's beautiful dishes again! Pearls & candlelite...you've got it all! And the Candyshot is great...hugs to your DD! TFS, nana! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jeanne, Thank you for posting my picture. You all make it look so easy...but then there's me lol.
    I love these dishes and I'm so glad to be able to share them.
    This Candy Shot came out pretty good, but She is still the CHAMP!
    TFLookin
    NanaK

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Nana...Your table is just lovely and so special.
    I love that you are able to use your DGM's dishes. They have such a pretty and delicate pattern, and the beautiful tablecloth is just the right backdrop for them.. I agree with Jeanne what a special gift. Even your pretty pink sherbets your DGD found and your stems...all compliment ea other perfectly. I'm glad you were able to post this...and I think your 'Candy' shot is Superb!!

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Nana, that is lovely! The Candy Shot really shows all the intricacy of the tablecloth. Roses and pearls, such a beautiful combination.

I love how you have your grandmother's dishes to use, and share with us. Those are priceless. (don't you wish they could talk about all the memories they hold?)

Don't worry about the photo posting stuff, you'll find it easy yourself someday. We've all had to figure it out at one time. Meanwhile you can count on help here.

hugs, Karen

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Oh my gosh. Everything is so lovely. What a wonderful use of all the special reminders of those you love.
    Those pink sherbets are to die for. Your DGD has a good eye!

Keep posting. You've got lots to share with the rest of us.

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

That is such an elegant table. Don't things that have been passed down or inherited and the special gifts of loved ones make things even more special? And as for posting pics, you are not alone. I"m still very computer illerate. Janet

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, another beautiful table. I love your DGM's dishes and they look great on the trays. The pink glasses, sherbets, pitcher, tc and napkins are so pretty. Are the roses real or faux? DD and SIL have great taste.

I really like the pink and the pink candle holders caught my eye too.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Very pretty table and what a great idea to drape the pearls for an extra romantic touch! Those dishes are so soft and pretty, of course you all know I have a soft spot for anything with roses on it. Lovely tablecloth and those pink dessert dishes were a fantastic find. Glad you were able to get a picture for us. Luvs

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

That is just pink-o-lishus. It has all my favorite elements, roses, lace, pearls, china etc..... Love it.
    Frou

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all again for your wonderful comments.
    Who ever thought of roses and pearls as the flower and gem for June was brilliant, don't you think?
    I've had some lovely things passed down to me and I love to be able to share them in this way.
    Punk, The roses are real. I bought some deep rosy pink ones, on sale, at the grocery store on a really hot day. They keep the air conditioner on high in this store, [I have to wear a sweater in there]...Anyway They must have shocked when I brought them out into the heat because they didn't last overnight. The light pink ones looked pretty on the table. I guess they were the ones I was supposed to use.
    NanaK

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, these roses are beautiful and I guess your right, they were meant to be. That would be a schock for roses to go from one extreme to the other. We have some restaurants that keep their ac on high and I try to avoid them when it's cold outside. If I go there I ask to be seated in the warmest area.LOL

Punk

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

What a beautiful, feminine table!!
    The combination is perfection, and I think the Candyshot is wonderful.

Heirlooms, yard sales, and thrift stores. The perfect sources to create a lovely table. Those pink goblets and sherbets are to die for!

Beautiful table!

TFS,
    Candy

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Such an elegant looking table! Love the pretty pinks and your grandmother's dishes are just beautiful!

Sponsored
Ronald J. Smith Interiors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Veteran Interior Designer Serving Clients in Upper Marlboro
More Discussions