Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

4th of July Tablescape

phonegirl
12 years ago

I reset our table for Independence Day last Sunday after the BDay bash. We have family coming in so it should be a fun time. They are having the parade here on July 3rd which is different than the past 4th of July's. Guess more will be able to enjoy it that way.

It was a beautiful morning last Sunday with the sun shining in as I set this table. Glad I snapped these shots cuz it's a rainy day today. DD bought most of the dishes at Target last year on clearance. They are plastic but seem to work just fine.

Wonderful saying on one of DM little flags after giving it a trim job. Here's a closeup.

I'm sure most of you remember the tall guys and I added my Patriotic Santa for this years party. I picked up the large flag plate some where this past year. DD brought me some red and blue candies especially for this table.

Closeup of one of the place settings. The luncheon napkins, little blings and the America blocks were DM's. I shared a set of these blocks with Jane in her last package I sent. Thinking back at the pictures she took, maybe I should of used a white tc instead of red.

Lit the candles for this shot.

I stopped in at one of my friends ys's yesterday and picked up these red, wht and blue flowers. I replaced the others in the bird cage so it was more patriotic looking. May have to do some tweaking on these!

Thanks for looking.

Punk

Comments (14)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

I can see the 'Fireworks' already!!! Such a fun & bold celebration of Independence Day! Your 'stacked' place-settings look very festive & your red t'cloth really pops! (but, yes, it would be fun to see it w/white, too).

My favs here is the Americana blocks from you DM ...& that you brought out your patriotic 'Santa' for the July holiday! (I would never think of that)! (my patriotic snowman is buried in the totes stored in garage)...but next yr I'll keep him out for this holiday. Thanks, punk, for that idea! And I also have 'red' flatware envy (you charter member of 'Enablers R Us!') LOL! I added pic below that I showed before...that's one of added bonus'es to posting on this forum...learning to think more 'outside the box!'

Always love that you use candlelight ...this table is no exception...& decorating your side table, too (very cool) ...& that bird cage is shaping up nicely! Happy 4th, punk...it's almost here already! TFS! Jeanne S.

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

Tthat snowmans is adorable! And your table is glorious, again you take us to new heights in stacking. Looks great. I love the eagle napkins, so patriotic. The Uncle Sam candlesticks are perfect, super table.
    Frou

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Punk this is such a lovely-lovely setting!
    Your table looks beautiful with the Sun shining in on everything.
    I love how you layered your dishes using the different patterns and the stars on top look outstanding! I love how you placed the Patriotic Blocks(they show up fine) at ea setting (I have mine out ALL the time)- love them..and will always treasure them.
    I remember when you got your Patriotic 'Tall Guys' and your Santa they are Perfect accents for this setting...as well as all the candles.
    Enjoy your Celebration..sounds like lots of good family fun..have a slice of watermelon and think of me!!
    jane

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jeanne, your snowman is darling and what a cute saying on him. Thanks for all your sweet comments. We do feed off of each other and I hope to see your patriotic snowman celebrating next year on Independence Day.LOL

I have so many different colors of flatware and it's fun to have choices. I bought this set at Ross or TJ Maxx.

Thanks Frou, you would not believe what I bought because of YOU! Yes a small bust for .50 and she is busty. Not sure how I could use her on one of my tables unless I do a Hooters one.LOL

Jane, I'll be thinking of you for sure while eating watermelon. I've been enjoying some every night this past week. How sweet you keep your blocks out all the time! Thanks for all the comments.

You must be to busy still for decorating or setting a table huh? I've been anxiously awaiting to see what you'll share next with us.

I want to wish everyone a Happy & Safe 4th of July.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Punk, I loved everything about your table and was thinking it couldn't get any better...then I saw the birdcage decor and WOW. I'm nuts for decorated birdcages anyway, but wouldn't have thought to do one so beautifully for the 4th.

So you are planning a Hooters Table now? LOL. Tho I am sure you could find a way to make look lovely somehow.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Punk, This is a wonderful 4th of July Table.
    I really like the red white and blue plates, and the napkins are perfect.
    Patriotic Santa and the Uncle Sam Candle sticks are so cute!
    Decorating the bird cage is the perfect accent. Yep, I really really like this table!!
    NanaK

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Punk,
    Your tablescape makes me want to get all my stuff out RIGHT NOW! We are having our Fourth of July barbecue on the patio and if I set up now, it will be covered in dust, so I must wait.
    Say, I have a bird cage too. (Well, really, mine is more of a wire cloche, I guess.) I'm going to try and use it now that I've seen yours.
    I LOVE the little blocks. Very nice addition to the table.

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Punk, what a lovely patarotic table. Your dishes make me wish I had gone back to my supermarket and bought some that they had, but the day I saw them DH was with me and I refrained, and then I didn't get back until they were gone. Oh well, maybe next year. I love the red , white and blue theme. TFS Janet

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Karen, I love your wire cloches all decorated and since I don't have any YET, I'll use my bird cage to play with. DS put his home on the market so it's here to stay.

As far as a Hooters table, not sure I'm up to that just yet!LOL

Thanks Nana, you always have such pretty tables and I'm so glad you've joined us.

OA, so happy your back posting. You must get alot of wind. Will you have to wipe down all your new furniture each time before using it? Our deck is always dusty and I just plan on cleaning each time before we use it.

Hope you'll share pictures of your July 4th celebration and cloche all decorated.

Janet, so sorry to hear that you missed out on the dishes at the supermarket. Maybe you'll be lucky and find them at a ts or ys cheaper now. I think of you and Luvs with your DH often. Wish there was something I could do for all in need.

Thanks so much for all the sweet comments ladies. I didn't get a Memorial ts set so it's been fun seeing some red, wht and blue for a change.

I just found out today that my other brother and wife are coming this weekend too. This will be the first time all 6 of us and families have been together for several years. I'm looking forward to it but alot of work ahead for me. It's times like this when you know how hard your DM worked!

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Punk, you mentioned my wire cloche and maybe you or the others could offer some advice for it. Its rust colored,
    and I do love it. But I have been tempted soooo mnay times to paint it. That darn rust color just doesn't work with most of the holiday colors except for Fall. Pastels look awful in it, red looks awful in it too.
    So should I keep it rust and use it only for Halloween and Thanksgiving, or paint it where I could use it more often?
    I was thinking about Rustoleum oil-rubbed bronze that is so pretty. That would just make it darker but more colors might work in it. Here is how it looks now..

Hope my question isn't hijacking your post.
    hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Punk, I love your table. You have sure gotten good at stacking the dishes. Those star plates are darling, and I really like the salad plates beneath them too. I think the blocks at each place are wonderful, you are so lucky to have enough of them to do that.

Wonderful that your family will all be together for the holiday--and yes, it will be allot of work but will create such wonderful memories too! ;o)

You do help Janet and me, I love your emails and just knowing you are thinking of us. ;o)

Karen, that's a beautiful cloche. I say fix it the way you want so you can get the maximum use and enjoyment from it!

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Karen, I don't know why your cloche wouldn't be beautiful with any color!!! I love it w/o anything it! Have you tried it with a cup and saucer on a lace doilie?

I can see it for Valentines Day with one of your cute fairies and a card, Easter with a little nest and eggs, Memorial Day with flags and flowers. I wouldn't hesitate to put any color in my BC. You get the picture.LOL Your cloches are always so pretty and I think the same things in this would be wonderful.

I agree with Luvs, you need to do what ever allows you to get the most use out of it.

Thanks for your sweet comments on this table, Luvs. You warmed my heart tonight just by saying how much my emails mean to you. Your a sweetheart and I hope you keep your positive attitude forever. We can all learn from others on here.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Thanks for the great ideas, Punk. Maybe I just wasn't thinking how to decorate thru. Certain objects would work in it like you mentioned. I was kind of locked in on "colors" not working. So I think I'll leave it as it is, maybe the fact I've chickened out each time I considered painting it tells me something.

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Great table! I have some of those same flag plates. Isn't it amazing how many of us have similar items/tastes??

Your plate stacking is perfect and so are the eagle napkins.

I have been so busy this summer, that it is hard to get on the site to check out everybody's posts.
    Sure glad I got here to see this!

TFS,
    Candy

Sponsored
Custom Decks, Patios & Outdoor Enclosures Solutions in Loudoun County
More Discussions