Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

this one's for you....

Purplemoon
12 years ago

I thought this was rather fitting right now...

you'll have to copy and paste (sorry)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkztDzpTHKA

hugs, Karen

Comments (9)

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

humming along to this verse....

"The silence of a falling star
    Lights up a purple sky
    And as I wonder where you are
    I'm so lonesome I could cry"

ahhhh, Hank Williams knows me well. LOL
    hugs, Karen-who-has-NOT-been-drinking

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Oh oh, me thinks Karen is bored and really wanting someone to create some excitement on here!

Funny but as many times as I'd heard that song by Hank Williams, I hadn't really noticed his reference to a "purple sky"--but of course you did! LOL

I wish I had something fun to post on here, but haven't done anything creative in awhile and I'm planning to get my trimming done this week while the weather is still not too hot. Hopefully, some of these other gals are able to create some fun stuff for your viewing pleasure. ;o) (How's that for passing the buck?)
    Thanks for the good chuckle this morning, you sure put a smile on my face to start the day.

Hugs,
    Luvs

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well, even if you are "passing the buck", at least you posted. LOL. As far as doing anything creative...you see what desperate measures I've resorted to!! LOL.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

An oldie & a goodie...good ol' Hank!
    Hope you won't be lonesome for long! I'm back! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Gee Karen, I didn't realize how lonely you were feeling here...
    sorry you have to sing along to ole Hank Williams tunes...
    I could post a pic of my tree that was hit by lightening!...naw...too boring.
    Hang in there, even if I have to do a small vignette..I'll get something on here in the next day or two...'Scout's Honor' !
    Just promise you won't start talking to yourself..and find that you're Answering !! lol

jane

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Well, you already know from the garden junk forum what I've been up to! Creating giant grasshoppers with DH! My dining room table has been cluttered with his grandmother's scrapbook that was falling apart, so we bought clear sleeves to put the pages in. Now that that project is about done, maybe I'll put out some summer decor, but who knows, if it continues to be as hot as it's been this past week, I may just turn my dining room into an indoor craft room for a while! ;-)

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jane, seeing a tree close to your house hit by lightning would be anything but boring. It would probably scare the heck out of me. Lightning terrifies me.

Marlene, your 4 ft grasshopper is one of the neatest pieces of garden art I've seen. You and your DH are quite the team.
    That is probably the first grasshopper I've ever liked, LOL.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Karen, I hope this song is enough to keep things rolling Here!

The most excitement I've had lately was I was driving home the the other night and drove into a hail storm that was hitting me with golf ball size hail! Maybe that wasn't excitement but I was sure my windshield was going to end up in my lap. No place to hide and let it pass. I came upon someone driving 18 miles an hour and it sucked.

When I pulled in DH had the garage door open. My poor kitty was trying to get in and there was so much water between the garage and him he was howling like I've never heard before.

Thankfully all turned out well for dear kitty and no dents.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Punk, I'm sure glad you got thru the hail storm safely, and no damage to your car. Also very your poor kitty was ok!

Hey, if Candy had seen golf ball size hail, she'd probably have whipped out her 9 iron and been swingin' away. LOL.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
More Discussions