Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
old metal...white white white

Posted by purplemoon (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 7, 11 at 3:23

Even tho I'm not normally a white fan as a rule, I have to admit this is rather pretty.

enough blog crawling for tonight huh?
hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: white white white

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: old metal...white white white

I think that's a really great idea, especially for those things that will not shine up anymore.
Frou

o

VERY pretty! Wonder if she primed them first, then painted?

o

Karen, all her painted white items are so pretty together. I will have to go back and do some more looking later at all these blogs you've shared. Thanks again.

Punk

o

Marlene, I don't know if she primed but if you use Rustoleum its not necessary. And for that matter, Krylon's Fusion (the paint so great for plastics) also works on metal and wood. I love the stuff.

I've found a popular color on the blog sites is Heirloom White. Very antique shade of white instead of so bright. I liked it when I tried it.

hugs, Karen

o

Karen,
Count me in as a big fan of heirloom white! I have several cans waiting for the next perfect project.

Kath

o

I've jotted that done...Heirloom White.
Don't know if I'm sold on covering the silverplate??? Some of her pcs look pretty cool, tho. ummmmm????
TFS, PM...another idea to ponder! Jeanne S.

o

Hmmm, I painted all my pieces white too--but that was so I could paint roses on them! Never even thought about just using them plain white. I would never paint a piece that could be easily cleaned up, but painting the ones that are rusted, scraped, or dinged actually allows them to have a new life I think. Luvs

o

Jeannespines - if you are hesitant to paint the silverplate get some of the trays from DollarTree and paint them - that is what I am going to do - love the look and will get the Heirloom White instead of the reg white - I want the pieces to look old

love all these blogs you post purplemoon - so many ideas and so little time lol .....

Lynne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here