Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

look at this hutch decor

Purplemoon
12 years ago

I was looking at a blog I have bookmarked, Starshine Chic,

and really liked how she did her hutch. Then farther down the close-up of the white birds she found at Michaels!! And other bird decor.

Anyway, she shows her Memorial Day mantle at the beginning, but scroll on down to see the pretty white dishes and birds on her hutch.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: white dishes n birds

Comments (10)

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

TFS, Karen. You find the best blogs.
    Her Memorial Day Mantel is very nice.
    The white dishes and birds look wonderful on the black hutch.
    I enjoyed looking at some of her other displays too.
    NanaK

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

The hutch is very cool, love the all white. I really really like the Memorial Day Mantel. What a great idea to put chicken wire in those frames, so cute. I can see Jeanne using this trick. I've wanted to do a Memorial Day buffet, but have been camping alot and when I'm home I can't stay out of the yard.
    Frou

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Her Memorial Day Mantel is so nice.
    Great idea with the Chicken wire..so simple to do - making a nice statement.

She's A Gal After My Own Heart with her Ironstone collection.
    You know me and my Ironstone... I love her black hutch display...which looks familiar to me...lol
    I have a few of the Michael's birds too, but I Love her
    cast iron birdies and their 'weathered' look. hmmmm -
    I was wondering about the name of her site 'Starshine Chic'...and if we were 'seperated at birth'...my other
    email addys is - Starshine !!

hane

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Karen, that is a wonderful link. I really like the idea of chicken wire on the frames. I would never have thought to use clothes pins and dominoes in a jar. Really neat!
    Marylee

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I hope my Michaels has the cute birds wearing the crowns.

Did any of you read her "About Me" over on the right side?
    It not only cracked me up, it sure hit close to home. LOL.
    I think she must be related to me.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, she does do some really cool things! I had to take a closer look at the ck wire frames (after seeing frou's comment above) & what a great idea! Those old postcards/prints...wow, this could be fun!

I love her hutch decor, too...& yes, alot of it reminded me of slinkey jane...dominoes seemed a bit strange to me...but that's probably cause I do some cool 'inking' w/dominoes...for jewelry & pins, magnets & such.

TFS this site, PM...fun place Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Karen, as always love looking at the neat sites you share. I love the chicken wire they used in the frames too. I have a cupboard I'd like to use some chicken wire on but can't seem to get it done.

So many neat birds and white dishes! I've never wanted an open hutch but sure like seeing them.

BTW, we haven't poured any molds you sent yet but hoping to have some nice weather soon and time off to make some. I have to work tomorrow so probably not happening this weekend.

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Thanks for finding the best blogs Karen! Love all of her decor....

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Since this blogger lives not too far from me, I emailed her to see if she'd like to meet up with OA and me at Tai Pan Trading sometime since she seems to go there allot. I'll let you know if I hear back from her. I really admire her style and unique way of displaying things too. Luvs

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I sure hope you get to meet up with her, Luvs. From what her profile says, she sounds like a fun gal. I'm sure she'd have a blast with you and OA too.

Glad you posted, its getting lonely here!
    hugs, Karen

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals
More Discussions