Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Only Time

phonegirl
13 years ago

DS had a booth sat up his phone business today at a flea market, yard sale and kids amusment park so he did a little shopping for DM. I was so surprised when he showed up with these. Normally, I don't like it when he shows up this late and I know he's going out to socialize.

My DF had brought me some pinwheel crystal ashtrays today. Decided I'd put together a table with my new goodies since I'm still up.

DS brought me the Pistoulet Pfaltzgraff dinnerware. He paid $2 for them and $1 for the candle holders and vase. So hope you enjoy my $3 table put together in 15 minutes.

Comments (11)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

" my $3 table put together in 15 minutes"

LOL, Punk, sounds like you may have broken TWO records with this table! (actually, make that 3 since you have me liking this soft shade of yellow when I really don't like yellow. Guess now I'm going to be Yellow Convert. sigh)

Very pretty table, pretty things, and pretty cool DS.
    hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Very pretty candleholders and vase and what a bargain too! You had the perfect flowers on hand to go in them as well. So which plates did he bring you? The yellow ones or the ones with the cute clock? How neat that he thought of you when he saw these goodies--hope you gave him a big hug. ;o) Luvs

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

How great that your DS can find you such super bargains!
    Very pretty table and clever to use the crystal ashtrays as bases.

TTFN,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

I thought it was 'Father's Day' !!
    Seems like 'Mom' was getting all the goodies!
    Your DS found some great buys for you.
    I guess you can add yourself to saying....
    '15 Minutes of Fame', for putting together such a lovely table so quickly.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Karen, I too am liking yellow more all the time. I'd like to set my beverage dispenser (the one I received for a Christmas present from the kids) in the center and fill with lemonade and see how that looks. Who knows if I don't redo the table before company gets here it may happen.

Luvs, the plates with the clocks in the picture are the ones DS bought for me. They are Pistoulet Pfaltzgraff dinnerware but I don't know the name of the pattern. I always hug my kids and tell them I Love them. They don't appreciate a good hug to the degree us older ones do. I don't believe in just a quick hug.

Candy, thanks and glad you like my crystal ash trays as bases. I think they add to the vase and candle holders. I will try to come up with other uses for them in time.

Jane, your so right. It is FD but DH doesn't have all the wants I do and DS knows it. DH was already in bed and DS came back today so we could celebrate for him. We are taking him to the Tamarac to eat again tomorrow night so he'll have a couple days of fun.

We have company coming for 10 days over the 4th so we'll be having alot of fun. I plan to take a few days off while they are here.

I shampooed all my carpets today and with running around, I feel like I'm much older than I am tonight. Thanks for looking and hope everyone is well.

Punk

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I love those plates, how different and cool is that. That I have always love soft yellow and had a yellow guest room untill recently. I hope you enjoy your company on the for the 4th. Maybe it won't be as hot for ya'll as it is here.
    Frou

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Frou, I don't know how you can handle the heat. I want to melt when it's over 80. Doesn't help that I've put on weight and going through the change.LOL

It's still raining here but it has to quit soon. This much rainy weather is very unusual for us.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Punk, you and your DH sure must be fun to be with--you get more company than anyone I know and they sure stay a long time! I'm glad you will get to take a few days off this time to enjoy them. I always run out of ideas for what to cook when I have company that stay for more than two days--I'll have to remember to get some suggestions from you the next time someone is coming to visit since you are so experienced at it! ;o)

Oh, I almost forgot. I wanted to suggest that those pretty glass ash trays would also make good candle holders too. Probably enough room to add something around the base of the candle even. I love crystal and cut glass items too.

Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

punk...those dishes with the clock are certainly unusual... I keep seeing "Alice in Wonderland" & the Rabbit...maybe you can use a BIG GARDEN RABBIT in the middle of your t'scape! But I like your lemonade idea, too! Enjoy your company! & take some "down time!" TFS! Jeanne s.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Luvs, why don't you come see us and then you'll know first hand how fun we are.LOL DH and I both came from large families and always had good home cooked meals and home grown meat and vegetables out of the garden, it's not hard for me to come up with some thing new for meals every day.

We do have alot of company and it's so fun cuz they all have new ideas for meals and they help cook too. I get off work and have the evening meal ready for me to sit down and eat most days. Just love help in the kitchen.

Great idea with candles in the ashtrays. They are Waterford and so pretty that I should use them alot. Thanks and I'll try that when I have more time on one of my tables.

Jeanne, if I had a Big Rabbit like your picture he would be wonderful in the center. DH has the pocket watch so all I need is the Rabbit. I don't have much for rabbits so may have to do some shopping and see what I can find. Thanks for the idea.

Amazing what all of you come up with for ideas here. Sooo Fun. I need to retire and play more.LOL

Punk

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

I love yellow and white, so pretty!
    You did a great job, and what lovely bargains too!

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider
More Discussions