Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

DGD's Ice Cream Birthday Table

phonegirl
12 years ago

DGD turned 6 today and here's a few pictures of her Birthday Table in progress. I used some of the dishes they had bought me for my birthday. It was a nice day for the kids to be able to swing and ride bikes so that was wonderful.

One of her best friends mom came down and was thrilled when she seen the table. She just couldn't get over it so that was fun too. I used my beverage dispenser and alot of my fancy dishes and set up the food bar. We had a great day and she got alot of neat gifts.

A local bakery made her cake and uses whip cream in the icing so it's not as sweet as alot of the cakes we buy and it was great. I use to love Costco's cakes but since they changed the frosting, I no longer crave them and that's good for my waist.LOL

Hope all of you are having a fun summer. Seems like it's flying by way to fast for me.

Punk

Comments (12)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

OMgosh, punk! I can feel that b'day love flowing right thru this computer screen! Oh, so MUCH FUN! What a special b'day table for your special DGD!!!! Ice cream dishes, cake & confetti...ahh, party-time!

I always LOVE 'balloons' as part of centerpc celebration! & love all the 'bling' you added on side table/decor! Just a fun, fun table...hugs to you, G'ma! TFS! Jeanne S. (your pics are wonderful!)

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Jeanne, your comments are so sweet. I enjoyed putting this together. Balloons seem to add so much but are so short lived. DGD got a lg Hanna Montana with some smaller ones too yesterday.

I had told DGD she couldn't play with TJ but I have to tell you something. At one point I went in the one bedroom where I had put TJ on the bed and the 3 little girls were laying around her and talking like she was a part of them and listening. So cute.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Punk This is an adorable table for your DGD's 6th birthday. The ice cream dishes, the balloons in the centerpiece and the pink boa are just magical!! Her birthday cake looks delicious. I wish I could have seen her face when she saw this fun table you created just for her!! She is lucky to have such terrific gramma.
    TFS
    PS Shalayne is a pretty name

NanaK

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nana, thanks so much for the comment on Shalayne's name. She loved showing off her table as the guests arrived. As I've said before not many ts around so it's always fun to hear the comments.

I got all the birthday put away so will start working on my table for the 4th now. My brother and his family will be coming soon. We always have a BBQ end up with a lg crowd the day of the 4th after the parade. I have 3 appointments next week so better try to catch up on the other posts here.

Thanks so much for your comments.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

What a fun table for a birthday party. I want to see closeups of the ice cream cone and the ones that look like sundaes if you have time. I bought a good sized ice cream cone canister last year, but I've never figured out what accessories I need to go with it to make a fun table. I'd better get to shopping, huh?

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Luvs, the ice cream cone I used is a canister that I set on one of my cake plates and I added a ribbon. I tied a bow around it and filled it with snacks for the party.

What color is the top of your cone? If you want accessories to go with it I'd go to a Party accessory store and buy a few themed plates, napkins and balloons. I used Tinkerbell heart shaped plates and napkins for this table. Did you notice I didn't have enough hot pink place mats so I used my Valentine runner for the front of the table?LOL

Here's the close up pictures you asked for. Hope you can see them better now.

Punk

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Punk...Happy Birthday to your DGD!
    What a festive table...I'm sure she was thrilled.
    I love all the cute Sunday bowls/Cones and your Large CP cone with the Balloons! This is like a 'Kids Fantasy' table..so cute - You thought of everything..even the feather boa and the cute teapots! What a Super G-Ma you are...and I must say, that cake looks delicious too...great choice.

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Oh my, Punk, what can I add that the others haven't? I second everything they have said.

If you could be my grandma, I'd wish to be 6 again! What a delightful, fun table. Outstanding!

And I love your DGD's unique name. Its beautiful.
    hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

This is absolutely darling!
    I love all the ice cream themed dishes and you pulled it all together so perfectly.
    I'm sure DGD is thrilled to have a DGM who creates such a fun theme for her B-day. What a lucky little girl.

Great job GM!!

TFS,
    Candy

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Hey, thanks for the closeup pics. I love those sundae bowls, they look so yummy I'd be wanting ice cream every time I saw them--well, actually I want ice cream anytime! LOL

I'm going to pull my cannister out and take a pic of it to share. I don't think mine is as pretty as your pink one. On a side note, would you believe that I once worked at a Dairy Queen and learned to make those fancy ice cream curls? LOL

I did notice the heart runner and thought it was darling with all the ice cream items. Good choice and a very fun table.

Luvs

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Snapped a couple pictures of my ice cream cone cannister to show you Punk. I think your's is way prettier, and I'm so glad you shared it. I'll have to use this one on a table for my little GD someday too. Luvs

{{gwi:1425919}}

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jane, thanks for all your comments. The boa's are the ones DD bought me at Michaels on clearance for $1 ea.

Karen, if I set a table for you it would be full of purple colors!LOL Any time you feel like a vacation, come on up.

Thanks Candy, hope DGD will remember this one.

Luvs, no wonder this ice cream cone called to you! Your an Ice Cr Cone making Queen! I love yours and the red cherry really stands out. I think you could go with a heart, cherry or red and white theme and it would be darling. BTW, vanilla is my favorite flavor. There was a time in my life I didn't pass DQ w/o stopping for a Butterfinger Blizzard. Glad that passed but I still enjoy one occasionally.

Punk