Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Blue and White Dishes

kirkus
12 years ago

I'm usually over at Garden Junk on Gardenweb...but check in here once in awhile. SUCH CREATIVE IDEAS BY CREATIVE PEOPLE! Karen, aka Purplemoon, is a dear family friend.

Here are some blue and white dishes my wife and I received as a wedding gift almost 12 years ago. We use them as dessert dishes...so fun to pick out the animal we like for our dessert plate! The big apple dish and little apple custard dishes in the photo were from my late Grandmother. (She had bought a set each for my 3 brothers and me.) Just had to share. :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

Comments (10)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Kirk, I've been 'missing in action' a bit lately but glad to come on and see you here! Those dishes are wonderful.
    I haven't seen anything like them before, is there marking
    on back about them?
    They look nice displayed with your late grandmother's pieces. I love blue and white. its always so appealing in decor or in the garden!

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Your dishes are too cute!!
    I've never seen anything like them.
    They look nice with the Apple dish and custard cups.
    TFS
    NanaK

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

They look like FUN dessert dishes for you & the kids! Really CUTE! I like your GM's taste in buying you & your bros the apple ones, too. All are displayed beautifully! TFS, Kirk. Jeanne S. (good to see you pop in here!)

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

That was a great wedding gift. I love blue and white dishes and those are darling. I stenciled my last kitchen with blue farm animals, the kitchen was red, white and blue, I still miss it when I see something as cute as these plates.
    Frou

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Kirk..what a wonderful wedding gift. They look lovely displayed on your hutch.
    Blue & White has been my all time favorite dish collection.
    I love the farm animal pattern and can see the kids enjoying them besides you and your wife.
    I have to tell you that when I saw your dishes, I went to my cabinet to look at the pattern on a set of mugs I bought over 10 yrs ago...yep...
    They're almost identical to your lovely dishes.
    Small world!!

jane

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kirk, great to see you back posting here. I took a peek at your watering can foutain on GJ and love it. All the shoes planted are so cute. Your creative indoors and out.Woohoo I need to go over there and enjoy more often.

Lovely hutch with your blue & white and apple dishes displayed. I've never wanted an open hutch but you enablers are making me think again with all the beautiful displays.

I love it when others cherish their gifts and share pictures with us here.

Punk

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Kirk..your display is lovely.
    Marylee

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Kirk, I really like your blue and white dishes, a really pleasing display. I have the apple dishes too, a gift from my late Mother for a birthday one year . TFS, Janet

• kirkus
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh, thank you for the wonderful compliments! Everyone is soooo nice on the Holiday forum! I can see why Karen loves it here. :o) I looked on the back of the plates. They're from the Williams Sonoma Brittany collection. Found them on Ebay...Slinkey, I HAVE to find the matching mugs now!

Phonegirl, I built the hutch from old barnwood. Will have to get a full picture of it. It goes with our rustic, northwoods decor. :o)

Janet1, tooo cool that you have the apple dishes. I actually broke one of the custard diishes...took forever to find a replacement.

Gosh, everyone is sooo nice here. Bear Hugs! Kirk

Phonegirl, Thanks for the compliments about my garden treasures. I love gardening! Here's the water feature Punk made reference to. :o)

{{gwi:146056}}

{{gwi:146054}}

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Bet the kids each have a favorite animal plate and want the same one each time! They look great displayed on the open shelves like that. You made that hutch! You are a very talented man, love your fountain too. The apple dishes were a great gift, you might not have appreciated them as much when you first received them, but they have become even more special to you over the years because of the memories attached to them. ;o)

Luvs

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions