Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Lookout for 'Hampton Oslo Hammered 18/0 Flatware

jeannespines
13 years ago

Leave it to me to find one of the most beautiful flatware 5-pc sets X's 2 called "Hampton Oslo Hammered" ...I google it and cannot find more of this beautiful heavy-wt that I bought at Bed, Bath & Beyond clearance sale ...they only had 2 sets of 5 pcs. And everywhere I go, I've been looking for more ...would like at least 8 person settings!

I continually ck TJMaxx & TS's, antique stores, etc. etc. I am making a request that if you happen to spot this somewhere that you e-mail me with name & location of store.

Here's a pic of it with my winter tablescape:

Thanks! Jeanne S.

Comments (12)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I know you said you googled it...but I just had to try. Isn't this the pattern at Replacements.com? I looked at the photo of their fork and think its the same,
    tho maybe my eyes weren't that good?

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Oslo flatware

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

This seller has some on eBay.

Here is a link that might be useful: your flatware

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, PM! Yes, I did find the replacement web site...but so VERY EXPENSIVE plus not place settings available.

I did not find the e-bay one...& that looks like (with shipping) it would be very expensive for just 1 place setting, too...it's a "Buy it Now" ...no bidding...darn! Looks like it would cost $24 plus shipping for 2 knives, 2 dinner forks, & 2 spoons (too much!) But please keep me posted if you happen to see anymore on e-bay. I didn't get this one to pop up with "Hampton Oslo hammered" ...so thanks for finding that!

Target stores here sell Hampton ...as does JC Penneys ...I see it often ...but this pattern is discontinued (Of course!)...I'm good at purchasing "hard-to-find" items! LOL! Jeanne S.

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Oooooh, I like that pattern, Jeanne! It looks especially pretty with your Winter table setting. I'll look for it at Marshalls tomorrow for you.
    You all are such BAD influences here . . . great ladies, good friends, but bad, bad, bad ;^D
    Lynn

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ahhh, thank you so much for looking tomorrow, Lynn....& for being "bad, bad, bad" with me! LOL! Jeanne S.

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Jeanne,

Surely with all of us looking we'll be able to find something. I'll keep my eye out here in the Northwest. I have a BIG selection of three place-setting items so I know how you feel. I kind of doubt we'll find a real bargain on this beautiful flatware, but you never know...I'd be checking estate sales.

- Magpie

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, Magpie...I'm not thinking "real bargain" but would like complete 5-pc place settings ...the e-bay guy selling "buy it now" is not 5-pc...so I'm hoping...ya never know, right? Thanks, Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jeanne, this is a great idea and maybe one of us can help. I'm always ready to buy to help someone fill an empty space.LOL It looks great with your winter table so you do need more.

Punk

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I stopped into Mashalls this afternoon to look for your flatware. Unfortunately, they only had one pattern and it wasn't even close to your pretty Oslo Hammered. I'll continue to keep an eye out for it, though.
    Have you tried Ebay yet? I just recently bought a set of silverplate on GW auctions and found more pieces of my pattern on Ebay yesterday for a steal.
    Lynn

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Lynn...yup, I tried e-bay (from Purplemoon) & would be happy to bid on a place setting...but this person's was "Buy it now" & not even complete sets...so I passed (plus they were used...which is ok but not for his prices!) Thanks for looking! It's a discont. pattern ...so it may show up someday! Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

I have something similar stored away. I will look and take a pic when I can..what do you need?

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

kathleen...thanks...I'm looking for 6 more 5-pc settings...this pattern has the narrow handles...I've seen new Hamton hammered pattern but very wide handles. Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio
More Discussions