Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Father's Day Table

phonegirl
11 years ago

I'm slow getting this table posted but wanted to share my simple ts. DD gave me this set of Gibson dishes. I hadn't used them on a table so set a man table for the day using one candle for the cp and no flowers.

Kids spent the day helping us pull out our over grown shrubs from the circle drive way. I asked DH what he wanted to do after he got home from work.(He's been working seven days a week running high water) He said it didn't matter so wonder if he'll say that again.LOL

You'll have to excuse the pink bird nest beside the buffet. It was left from DGD's BDay party. Was so busy getting ready for the party that I didn't get any really good pictures to share.

We dined on Chicken Alfredo from Costco, tossed green salad and garlic toast. Leftover cake and ice cream for dessert. Hope all of you had a nice day and treated your DH's better than I did.

Punk

Comments (9)

• onescrappynana
    11 years ago

Such a beautiful table setting. I love the gold chargers and the candle in the middle of the table. Everything looks great. I'm sure your husband appreciated it.

MaryAnn

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Punk, your table is perfect for Father's Day!
    The dishes look so pretty on the gold chargers and I really like the lacy overlays on the placemats.
    Dinner sounds delicious!
    TFS
    Nana

• maximavswife
    11 years ago

Perfect table for Father's Day! I love those dishes. I'm with Nana! Those lacy placemats over the othe placemats is so pretty! Gold is the perfect compliment with the blue!
    Kath

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again...
    Blue & White dishes are my first love!
    Punk, these dishes from DD are just lovely and the table you set for
    Father's Day is just perfect! I love the look of the blue stems
    and the napkins are such a beautiful blue.
    I have to agree too - that the
    lacey placemats are really pretty and I think create a special elegance.
    jane

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

punk...you never cease to surprise me w/your t'scape talent...it's 'Father's Day'...man's day...macho ...& you pull off the most 'handsome' Father's Day table with 'lacey placemats!' ;-) I love it! & I love all the 'layering' to achieve this 'manly' table! The CP choice is perfect! & candlelight, too... Can't see everything on your buffet but it sure looks good from a distance! TFS...& slow down some, punk! (@ work, I mean) ...you & DH! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much everyone for all the sweet comments. Those are actually Noble Excellence lg gold plates under the others. My dear family blessed me with a set of eight at Christmas.

I hadn't thought of the top place mats as lacey until some of you brought it to my attention. They are made out of some type of string so I thought of them as manly.LOL

Here's a close up of the buffet. Used some blue candle holdrs and my black cake plate I used for DGD's BDay cp. Also a couple of my gold candy dishes.

Thanks again for all your comments.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

BEAUTIFUL table setting! I LOVED everything about it!
    Hope your DH got some rest and relaxation, sounds like he deserved it.

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

I thought I had posted here, but I love the calm blue you used. It is a masculine but inviting table. The buffet looks great too!!
    I hope your DH had a great day and enjoyed his special table.
    Very refreshing!

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Karen, so glad to see you posting. I've been thinking about you and need an update on how you are doing.

Candy and Karen, thanks for the comments.

DH has been working every day for over a month at work so no R & R for him. Hopefully the water will slow down and let him enjoy some time with family over the 4th.

Punk

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz
More Discussions