Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

Sharing some TS Goodies !! (pic heavy)

plainjane425
12 years ago

The weather here has been a real downer - too much Rain and not much planting time - To keep from getting cabin fever, I've gone to some TS and thought I'd share with you

what I bought.

While I was in NY two wks ago, I saw a tag sale, and found this Rabbit Tureen (quite large) for $2 ! He was in perfect condition..

Also this EO Brody of Cleveland Milk Glass Vase $1...

In town at my favorite Thrift Shop - this Large Canister

$2 -

Last wk - there was a Town Flea Mkt (1/2 day no rain) - and found a few goodies there -

This large Duck Tureen - $3..

4 Devonshire Plates $4 - Covered Apple dish and S&Ps $1 ...

Small Ironstone covered dish - $1 ...

Large 'Libby' Pitcher - $2...

Rabbit Figurine - $1...Iron Heart Candle holder - $1 and

Birdhouse Sign $.50..

These large compotes - Brand New $1 ea -

And the 'Best For Last' ....The other day (in between raindrops) there was a TS near my house - I saw a tureen I sitting on top of a box and asked how much it was ...the man said 'I'd like to sell the two boxes..there's nice dishes wrapped up in the boxes'..I recognized the tureen as I already have a teapot from the same company and thought - what the heck. So I bought them not knowing what was wrapped up..when I got them home - this is what I found >>>

There was a few chips on a couple of pieces, and a missing top to the tall Coffee Pot, but all in all, they were in great condition...

Now would you pay $5 for the two Box Lots??? Yep that's how much this all cost....wooohooo - Big Score !!

HOpe I didn't drive you too crazy with so many pics...but I just had to share it all with you..

jane

Comments (22)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jane, you found some WONDERFUL things. Love the Rabbit Tureen. Oh, I could go on and on but I'll just say so HAPPY FOR U and I LOVE ALL OF IT!!! BTW, your set of white dishes were the BEST DEAL EVER. I have the small plates that match them and don't remember who gave them to me. I have used these on several of my tables including the one thats set right now. I'll try to get some pictures posted later. I also have two apple covered dishes and don't remember what they look like.

I went to a few ys this weekend and had so much fun too. I'll try to share more about my finds later. You really should get out more often!!! See what you've been missing?LOL

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, I am jumpin' up & down (with joy!) for you, jane!
    Oh my, what a haul! Cruddy weather...but spectacular TS finds! (good exchange)

Oh, as I was scrolling down, I was thinking....ohhh, love that, love that, love that.... the "whites" tureens, canister, milk glass & covered dish ... & then, when you got the steal of the century!!! ...wow, the Independence Ironstone...great bargain $$$! I have a few pcs...here's a pic from last Valentine's buffet & since then I've acquired the smaller tureen & some cups & saucers...gorgeous dishes!

You did good, girl! Now...wishing you some warm weather ...good days ahead...we're off & on here & even had near frost on May 15th. Working outside alot so haven't posted much...so am lovin' your post! TFS, jane! Good taste! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

JACKPOT !!!!! WOW !!!!! Doing the Happy Dance for you
    Once I got past that fabulous rabbit tureen (not to mention the price you paid for it), I was stunned at all the other beautiful bargains you found. Totally amazing shopping spree! I am so happy for you, all those special goodies should keep you grinning for some time! The rabbit, duck, cannister, and Libby pitcher seem like they would look great displayed together.
    I need to stop now and pick my jaw up off the floor!

I had a little shopping jaunt and got a few goodies, but nothing of the magnitude of yours. Much less the great prices you paid. I am so in awe of your haul.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

HOLY MOLEY, Jane, what a haul!!!
    So many terrific things to look at.
    The rabbit tureen is great.
    I love the green bowls. Actually I love everything.
    I can't believe that set of dishes. What a bargain!!
    I bet you are still smiling
    NanaK

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Jane, wonderful, gorgeous buys. You really hit the jackpot.
    Marylee

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

You are one smart shopper. I'm with Karen, I'm in love with the rabbit tureen. And all those wonderful other white pieces... the duck, small tureen, pitcher, not to mention the dishes, oh my goodness. One of my favorites though is the set of four green compotes, they are great. I hope you have an easy time finding storage for all those goodies, I know mine is getting very limited.
    Frou

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks ladies for all the 'praises' on my bargains!
    Punk...I commented on your post using those white dishes..and you did a lovely job on your Tscape.

Jeanne..funny I remember your Valentine display, but didn't take note that those pieces were from the Independence collection. (wana sell me the top to your coffee pot)..lol
    I actually have the Large Tea Pot it's on my White Hutch..have had it for yrs, so when I saw the large tureen at this sale, I went for it..never knowing he had all those pieces wrapped in newspaper in the boxes.

Karen, when I saw that Rabbit Tureen, I wasn't sure I saw the price right...I had just been to my eye doctor who put drops in my eyes and they were blurry...I asked the lady...if that price was what I was seeing and also had to 'feel' to see if there were any chips..she laughed and said 'no...it's in good condition..just clearing out stuff'..It's realy LARGE IRL..and I love it.

nana - Frou..I snapped up those bowls - like I was stealing them....the green color is nicer IRL..the camera doesn't do justice to them....
    And Frou, that's the trouble..putting it all away..it's getting VERY tight. I just ordered a metal office cabinet to put in the basement. I'm going to store Seasonal Stuff in it to make 'civilized room' for everything else.

Marylee..yeah...I guess you can say 'I hit the Jackpot' !!
    If it weren't for all the bad weather, I would have been gardening and would never had been to these sales.

Frou...jane

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Fantastic bargains! And they are all so YOU! I bet you were jumpin for joy when you started unwrapping all those wonderful dishes! I was excited just hearing about all your great bargain finds, everyone is so neat and I can hardly wait to see them used in your lovely tablescapes and vignettes! ;o) I got a good laugh out of Punk's comment telling you to "get out more often". LOL

Luvs

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Luvs..I forgot to mention Punk's comment....She had me laughing over that too! I guess she's right...lol

It's funny you mention 'It's So You'...I guess by now, we've come to notice 'a style' we each 'gravitate' to.
    When I was unwrapping the newspaper, I honestly was so surprised, I had no idea there was so much...and all the different pieces too. That made my day for sure.

jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Jane,
    SCORE!!!
    You really did get a fantastic deal on everything. I like the rabbit tureen the best, but those dishes were a real deal too.

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Ohhhh, jane...that oblong platter will make a wonderful centerpc base for lots of t'scapes! An AWESOME deal! Enjoy, enjoy & I hope the weather lets you get some gardening time in soon...we need that therapy, don't we! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

WOWEE!!! I haven't been on the forum for a couple of days, so I'm just catching up here. WHAT a haul!! LOVE all of the tureens, the green compotes are gorgeous, the set of dishes is absolutely amazing for five bucks! You are one lucky duck! Can I go shopping with you??? ;-)

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Candy..I wish you could see that tureen 'up close and personal'..it's a beauty.

jeanne...wouldn't you know the sun came out for a short while this afternoon..but now I'm fighting a cold..and more rain on it's way right thru to Monday !! ugggg

marlene...I don't know where you live...but I'd love the shopping company anytime !

jane

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I remember your picture of the buffet and glad to hear you've added more to your collection. I don't think I have room to collect much more but wouldn't pass them up if I came across them at the right price.LOL

Jane and Luvs, happy to hear I made you both chuckle. We all need that in our lives. I love the prices at ys compared to GW and other ts. If I didn't work I would try to head out every Fri or Sat. just for exercise and fun.

A cold this time of year? NOT GOOD. Better use some Vicks and gets lots of rest so you can hit the road and find more deals to share with us. I won't be able to shop this weekend cuz I'm holding down the fort while the others do a little vacationing.

Punk

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ohhh you're a sweetie Punk...doing 'KP Duty' while the
    others 'play' this weekend. Probably safer cheaper that you're working rather than checking out TSs !!
    It's supposed to rain here during the weekend (what else is new) so I don't know if there will be much hoopla going on. I'm supposed to go to the Stormville Flea Market in upstate NY so I'm hoping for at least one good day to go.

Thanks for the free 'medical advice'.. I always keep Vicks on the shelf !! lol
    My cold is still hanging on, but I won't let it stop me!!

jane

• valleymagpie
    12 years ago

Jane,

What a way to cure your 'cabin fever'! I love the rabbit and duck tureens but oh, those Independence dishes! I had an entire set like that (including the coffeepot) and I sold them at my mother's estate sale when we were moving north. I have kicked myself MANY times since then! I bought them from Sturbridge Yankee Workshop when I was in my twenties, I think. I used them for many years, and now they are gone!

How do you find such bargains? Can't wait to see a new tablescape with all those wonderful white things...

- Magpie

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

What a wonderful buy! You put me to shame!
    So when is the new and bigger cabinet coming??

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ohhh Magpie...I know just how you feel..I've gotten rid of many things like that when I moved from my old house..and now have regrets. I think that's why I've been buying so much, to make up for what I got rid of..only thing, many things I see that I used to have..cost so much more now!
    By the way did you live in Maine near Sturbridge Yankee Workshop?

Kathleen...DH is working on the new cabinet in the Basement...I'm anxious for him to put it together soon so I can get some stuff stored away in it.
    jane

• valleymagpie
    12 years ago

Jane,

I have never lived in the East! I mail-ordered that whole set through the catalog...

- Magpie

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Okay Mags...I thought you moved from the NE to where you are now...
    Hope you did well on the shipping !
    The charges sometimes can be more the the item...

jane

• valleymagpie
    12 years ago

Jane,

I'm a So Cal native who fled to Oregon a few years ago. It's beautiful, love it here, so glad we left!

- Magpie

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Magpie...I used to know someone yrs ago through another forum - who lived in Oregon (on the coast). She always would say how lovely it was there.. I'm jealous!! lol

jane