Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

A Few Pics of Thrift Shop 'Finds' for Future T'scaping!

jeannespines
12 years ago

I mentioned yesterday that I got to spend the day w/friends TS'ing & found a few goodies that a few yrs ago I wouldn't be looking for ('Enablers R Us' Syndrome!)

A couple ceramic chicks ($3 pr)...vintage looking ... 2 pale yellow/gold napkins, very textured ($2) & 4 bamboo napkin rings ($2.50), & 4 metal 'dragonfly' napkin rings ($2)! The little bulldog planter ($2.50) is for my DD who loves bulldogs!

A good day! And here's a close-up of those cutie chicks (has a Japan sticker on back):

Of course, those dragonfly napkin rings called to me because ...remember, I just got these glasses at a church GS not long ago...LOL!

Sorry, no t'scaping lately...need to change out the buffet & Dollbaby, too...lots of 'outdoor' time now...lovin' it!

Some of you are sharing WONDERFUL 'bunny' finds...so here's my porch bunny w/a new "Jade" plant ($6) from a plant sale...& the woody/resin pear is from HLobby clearance $2 a rainy day find.

Happy Memorial Weekend, Holiday-ers! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (14)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Those chicks are wonderful, Jeanne! They look like the Lefton ones. And the dragonfly napkin rings are really a neat find, plus those pretty textured napkins! What a cute Bulldog planter, bet your DD loves him. You had a good shopping trip with friends, sounds like a perfect day.

I know you're really happy to be able to get out in the yard again. My yard time is about done for I'm afraid, till around Halloween. So I'll envy you and the others who get to play outdoors the next few months.

hugs, Karen

• valleymagpie
    12 years ago

Jeanne,

Great finds! I love the chicks and what serendipity to find those dragonfly napkin rings--I can just imagine them with the glasses you show. And the little brown rabbit is sweet.

Now that our garage sales are starting in earnest, I'm hoping to find some good buys too!

- Magpie

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Great finds, Jeanne.
    Can't wait to see how you use them.
    I really don't go to yard sales or garage sales very often.
    Guess I'll have to start.lol
    NanaK

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I love the dragonfly napkin rings and they will be beautiful with your new glasses. Darling chicks, little bull dog planter and other napkin rings. Already look good with the napkins/pm they are sitting on. The chicks make me think of a day on the farm. So cute.

Lovely picture with your bunny, pear and jade plant. The wooden pear looks great with the wicker and bunny. Is that a cabbage pm the bunny is sitting on? I like it!

Punk

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Jeanne...great - great finds!
    Those vintage Chicks are my FAVORITE...An amazing price too. I agree with Karen, I think they're Lefton.
    Both sets of napkin rings are beautiful...Love the Dragonflys.
    You're cute bunny looks right at home on your porch..
    I'm just getting out to do gardening >>> YIKES there's tons of work after so much snow and rain...but it's good to get out and see that 'Strange Object' in the sky...I think it's called 'The Sun' !! lol

jane

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

You find the cutest things, love those chicks--don't you have some other's too? How wonderful you found the dragonfly napkin rings, they will be perfect when you use your glasses. Your $6 jade plant made me wish I could share my clippings with you. This house came with some pretty good sized ones outside, I clip and throw away trimmings lots bigger than your cute plant! (I've poked them in the ground everywhere I could but they grow and spread so much that I can't possibly keep all the clippings. I remember when my stepmom used to "baby" her's inside all winter to keep them living so feel guilty throwing them away!) Glad you had a fun day shopping with your friends. Luvs

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

Awwww, those little chickies are darling and the napkin rings will be great with your glasses. I have the litter mates to the little bulldog in blue and yellow. Be careful they multiply. I like those bamboo looking rings too. I've hit few GSs lately, just haven't had time to post.
    Frou

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Holiday-ers, for your comments & also for identifying the baby chicks as Lefton, Purplemoon & Jane! One chick had a tip broken off his toes & I just touched it up w/paint...but that's why the TS person told me that I get the pair for $3! :-O Big smile on my face when she said that!

luvs...I've never heard about Jade plants & growing them outside before ... that was fun to hear you talk about them...amazing!

frou...no wonder I liked that bulldog...you have great taste!

magpie, slinkey, punk & nana...'dragonflies' remind me of summer & our little pond...so I hope I get a summer t'scape done to share sometime in June! DH & I are on overload right now trying to catch up (uncooperative weather) plus we do Farmer's Mrkt one morning each week...but we enjoy all of it! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I don't normally like to show pictures of myself--but today I had my friend snap a picture of me standing next to my plant that is taller than I am just for you! ;o) Luvs

{{gwi:1425496}}

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

WOW, Luvs, that jade plant is fantastic! Wish I could come get some of your cuttings to try and grow one in a pot like Jeanne. You probably gave a lot of us here "jade envy". ;o)

LUV the photo of you!

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh gosh, Luvs! THANK YOU! LOVE IT! Amazing!

And so good to see you! Back at ya ... DH & I on Mother's Day at a state park in IA:

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Karen, told my friend my hair was messy and no makeup left on--but my only chance to show Jeanne how big my plant is! LOL (Where did all that gray hair come from???? Oh yeah, I've earned them!) LOL

Jeanne, such a neat picture of you and your DH. Looks like the weather was really nice that day too. ;o)

Luvs

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Wow Luvs...that Jade plant is amazing! I think it's because you gave it your 'Luv-ing' touch...lol

Love your pictures Gals...and Jeanne's DH...lol
    It's nice to see you both again 'Up Close & Personal'...

Oh by the way Jeanne...went to Home Depot today (after Flea) and bought a Squirrel Baffel to put on the pole below the feeder..will let you know it it works.

jane

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Great finds, J! And so nice to see you two sweet gals. That jade plant is amazing, Luvs!

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions