Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

And now number 3 - Mother's Day

maximavswife
12 years ago

I hope all of my dear friends here had a wonderful day. My sons are grown and far away so cards and phones calls were happily received :) It was pretty much a restful day too which is just what I asked for :) Even though, as I mentioned in a previous post, DH and I went out for dinner, I still wanted to put a simple table together. The tablecloth is one I have had from BB&B. I started with green chargers from the dollar spot at Target at Christmas one year, 2 for $1.00 is a steal!! I used the dishware DH had given me for Mother's Day last year. As I often do, used my vintage silverplate. I love the lacy napkins I found online at Boscov's and added silver napkin rings. I only set 3 place settings because I have only been able to find 3 of the pale purple glasses (Christmas Candy lucked out and has 4 of the same). I will find a fourth someday LOL! It may mean many more visits to the various ts's in the area but by gosh, I will muddle through LOL! The vase was a thrift store find and was a very odd tealy, greeny, bluey color so I spray painted it heirloom white and added faux flowers from Michael's. Candlesticks were a gift from eldest son many years ago and look quite lovely, I think with the pink candles.

Again, I hope you all had a wonderful day. Temperatures are finally moving up and Spring is here in the Rockies. I will try to check in more often, when life allows.

Kath

Comments (12)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Lovely Mother's Day Table.
    I love the delicate floral pattern of your dishes.
    I think the crystal candleholders your sliverplate and lace napkins all compliment each other nicely.
    Hope you find another stem..I'm doing that too with a Green One from HG..I'm sure we'll find them..
    What brand is the Heirloom paint you use - is that a Matte Finish?
    I like the soft look of it on your vase...also on your other post with your candleholders...very nice.
    Glad you enjoyed a nice 'relaxing day'..I think that's what Mother's Day should be!! lol

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

The flower dishes are so pretty, and certainly just the thing for Mother's Day. Hope you find a fourth purple glass, they are lovely.
    Nothing wrong with a quiet Mother's Day. Even with my kids here in town, mine was very much that way too. Jason stopped with a dozen roses (blush, pink, and yellow) from he and Suz, and my daughter also brought me pretty dark pink roses.
    Oldest son called as he was working (cop, till July when he retires). DH played golf as usual, tho he did offer to take me out to dinner. I had to pass thanks to my buddy Fibro on the warpath. So he got us take-out instead.
    All in all, a good day except for not being able to walk too good. LOL.

Hope all here had a good Mother's Day.
    hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kath, another pretty table. Love the choice of dishes, flowers and candles for this setting. I too hope you can find another stem.

We BBQ'd steaks and the kids gave me 4 beautiful hanging Geraniums and some new place mats for Mothers Day. DGD spent last night with us so this morning we cleaned the pond and got it running. Opps, guess it's already tomorrow so best head to bed.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Lovely dishes from your DH ...wonderful for Mother's Day table...& I love the purple stemware...keep lookin'...that 4th one will pop up somewhere! A t'scape full of memories!...love that! Sounds like a wonderful day for you...was good for me, too. Thanks, maxi! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Now these dishes are gorgeous! I'm very partial to florals...must be the florist blood in me! Such a lovely table...you've been a busy lady for sure!

• maximavswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Such sweet comments! Thank you all!
    Jane, the spray paint I use is Rustoleum Painter's Touch x2 Satin finish. It's just the right off white and I agree, the look is so soft.
    I have actually gone on a spray paint kick. I have about a dozen different colors out in the garage. When DH is out there and sees me grab a can his look says "what the heck are you painting NOW??" LOL!
    Kath

Kath

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

What a lovely table, those dishes are just fabulous. Love your flowers and the vase turned out really nice. I am a spray paint devotee also, my DH gives me a hard time too.
    Frou

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Kath thanks for the info on the paint. I will definitely pick it up...I love paint 'do overs' too..
    I can relate well to your DH and his 'look '. Mine reacts the same way..
    I think they learned it from the same school...hehehe

jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Lovely!! Those floral dishes are beautiful. I know you will find your 4th goblet. It just gives you and excuse to keep looking. LOL

Glad you had a relaxing day. Wasn't the weather fabulous??
    Finally nice to have such a beautiful day that wasn't too much of anything! Temperature perfect, not too windy, not too cloudy, just perfect!!

DH and I played golf with some good friends, then sat around and visited for a while because it was so glorious outside.

TFS,
    Candy

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Kath, a lovely table for Mother's day. Such pretty floral dishes. Any Mother would be honored. Janet

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Your floral dishes are so pretty,your DH did a good job selecting those for you. Your vase turned out great! I use lots of spray paint too, but have to confess to having a few goof ups because I get impatient and spray it on too heavy! Have to watch that, won't I? Your candle holders are so pretty and graceful, and I can sure see why you like those lacy napkins. Very pretty table.

Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Wonderful Mother's Day Table, Kath.
    Your dishes are beautiful they look wonderful on the green chargers.
    Great job on the vase. I love when things get an update like that.
    The flowers in the centerpiece go beautifully with the dishes.
    I hope you find another purple stem.
    NanaK

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions