Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Took Karen's idea,

Posted by christmascandy (My Page) on
Wed, May 18, 11 at 23:05

I springboarded off of Karen's post about TS/GW dishes and stacked some items that I had around the house.
The pink compote, pink glass candleholder, and pink teapot w/floral decor are all TS items. The pink glass plate between the candleholder and the teapot is an heirloom piece.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Obviously, this is not a birdbath, but there is a tiny bird in the nest, LOL

TTFN,
Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Took Karen's idea,

I like that a lot, Candy. Very pretty.

Stacking dishes can be addictive tho, just ask all of us on Garden Junk who started making "Totems". LOL.

hugs, Karen

o

Candy, that turned out beautiful. Love all the dishes you used for this one and the flowers. Way to pretty for Outside!

Punk

o

Candy, that is beautiful. Love the soft colors. Thank you for sharing.
Marylee

o

Very pretty selection Candy ..colors - flowers & plates..
I agree, way to pretty for outside !!

jane

o

That is lovely and makes a great cp, with or without the table setting. I've made a ton of totems for the yard but I have a couple inside to.
Frou

o

Since I'm one of the Garden Junk totem junkies, this is great to see! Indoor totems! Woohoo! Love your combination and the colors you chose...great looking centerpiece!

o

Candy, This is so very pretty.
The colors and pieces you used are perfect together.
The little bird gives it an outdoor feeling.
TFS
NanaK

o

Count me in as one of the garden totem gals! In fact, that is where I started on GardenWeb and then found this forum as well as others! I have used stacked plates and bowls as cake or treat stands, which I would have never thought of had it not been for the GJ forum!
Kath

o

Thanks for the sweet comments.
I know Karen has posted links to GJ, but I have looked at the forums list and I don't see it. Am I missing something? Is it part of Garden Web or someplace else?

Thanks,
Candy

o

Here's the link, Candy.
On GJ we kind of have to stay on topic on that Forum, but they have a Conversations side for personal chat which is good.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Junk Forum

o
RE: Totem Plant Stands

In my original post, I have since added some pictures of totem plant stands made from GW and TS pieces that are in the GJ Totem Inspiration Album. Just some more ideas for you in case you want to play like Candy is doing.

hugs, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here