Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

Some Weekend 'Flea Finds'...

plainjane425
12 years ago

Hi everyone, DH & I went to two Flea Mkts this weekend..

Yesterday - a Big One, up at Stormville, NY and today,

in CT at the Elephant's Trunk. It's fun looking at all the old stuff - kind of like going down 'Memory Lane'.

So, I thought I'd share some of my finds.

Yesterday, I saw this Very Large Ironstone Tureen to add to my collection - (I know, another Tureen)...but hey, how could I pass up this baby...

I thought for sure it would be more than I'd want to pay...the dealer saw me eyeing it and said 'Everything has to go...I'll take $10 for it' !! Yikes...I was going to faint - Way LOW than I thought...I said 'Oh it has some brown spots on the top' (I know I could remove them)...He said - 'Okay, I'll make it $8' !! More fainting.. I said 'SOLD' !!

The ironstone underplate is mine and works perfectly with it - Take a look >>

It has a lovely wheat pattern on it...

I also found a Large Ironstone Rooster Planter - $3 - and a pair of

S&Ps - Midwest of Cannon Falls for also $3...

DH found some woodworking tools and we were both happy...

Today - in CT - There was another dealer looking to pack up early...and said ' Look at it and I'll make it yours' !! lol...anyway, he had lots of stuff..but I was being picky..so I only got these Bunnies from him - the 'Bunny Couple (with crocheted details) and the Large Bunny Planter - ALL for $3..

The one in the back was from another dealer - FREE...yes FREE!!

Also today - this lovely Lusterware Pheasant Plate and Bird both $5 ...

White Ironstone Plate - $1 and Pewter Napkin Rings (pricey) $5 !! lol

DH found some more Tools...and We were both happy !! LOL

Thanks for taking the time to look...

Hope you're enjoying your Memorial Day weekend...tomorrow -My Dad's coming over and I'll make a small BarBQ for just the three of us..

jane

Comments (7)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh goodness, Jane...I felt like I was shopping right along with you & DH! Oh, I am lovin' EVERYTHING! Esp that tureen...what a bargain $$$! And the rooster planter...& pair...knowing there'll be a great t'scape w/those to give us something to crow about!

I esp am lovin' the bunny w/the baskets! Crackled look ...looks like a good centerpc! Boy, you could tuck lots of goodies in those baskets...eggs or napkins, maybe a 'spooner!' CUTE!

Just lots of bargains $$$! Sounds like a wonderful couple of days! We are working at home (ugh) but a good "ugh!" LOL! Family comin' over tomorrow. TFS, jane...am happy DH is happy, too! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jane, look at you go girl! You are going to become the Shopping Queen if you keep this up.LOL Beautiful wheat design Tureen and it does look good on your ironstone underplate. I'll have to remember this one since none of mine have an underplate.

Your rooster planter and chicken S & P's are so pretty. I was at a ys sale yesterday and they wanted $5 for a set of 4 and I passed. Your making me rethink but it's to late now.

Love all your bunnies you bought. Your Easter tables are always so pretty and more bunnies to play with will be so fun for you. Such a pretty Pheasant Plate and Bird too.

The white ironstone plate is very pretty. The Pewter Napkin Rings were a good price. You are just spoiled because you found so many other items so cheap.LOL You will have fun using them on some of your tables this winter.

So glad to hear DH found some tools. My DH is so good about letting me ys and stop at GW. I think he knows he's saving alot of money after seeing my tickets while shopping.

We decorated the cemetary today. DF's took us out for a steak dinner tonight. The kids are back from vacation so I took out steak and pork chops in case we want to BBQ tomorrow.

Hope you all have a Wonderful Memorial Day if I don't make it back here.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Jane, I almost didn't click on this post not realizing it was a new one! Gosh gal, you are finding some sweet bargains and such neat stuff. That tureen and the rooster items are wonderful and what neat bunny items too. Know you love pewter, so those were a good price even if more than you would have liked. You are sure having some good shopping fun! Luvs

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Holy Cow, Jane...you are on a roll with your bargains again! Just unbelievable stuff. I've seen that bird, and the pheasant plate, on eBay and I guarantee they were a LOT more than you paid for them! Super finds for you.

The new tureen is gorgeous! And nothing wrong with having a collection of them, they make lovely displays!

My jaw dropped on the beautiful Roosters, then I nearly choked over the price you got them for. Especially the big guy who's a planter. WOW.

If jealousy is a sin, I'm a'sinnin big time. I want to shop with you!

I'm so glad your hubby found some tools to make him happy.
    Tho bet your grin was bigger than his over all the treasures.

Happy Memorial Day, Everyone.
    Hugs, Karen

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Jane, you got some wonderful buys! I love them all.
    Marylee

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    12 years ago

As 'Jeanne Says - Thanks Holidayers' !!

I'd love to take you ALL shopping with me.
    I'm usually not very Agressive when it comes to 'haggling' over pricing...and was so surprised that these items practically 'fell' into my hands !!! lol
    Jeanne...great suggestions for the Bunny w/baskets. I hadn't thought of using it that way. Now I'm looking at it differently.

Punk...I've done that many times...see something...don't buy it and then regret it later. I don't do that too often now..it also depends on my mood.
    Bless you for Decorating the Cemetary..I always feel the people who volunteer to do it..are so special - LIke You.

Luvs...I guess you couldn't believe I would be 'out and about' TS again, with great bargains to share...It's either feast or famine with me and after such a bad winter and RAIN/RAIN/RAIN Spring...I've been making up for lost time.

Karen..I've done my share of 'sinning' on here and most is over YOUR treasures! If the two of us went shopping together - and throw in Candy and Punk..wow we could do some serious damage!!

Thanks again all...
    jane

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

You did great, Jane. The tureen is just lovely! I wish they collapsed so they didn't take up so much room! I am at my limit.
    The bunnies are adorable and the pewter napkin rings too!
    Great finds.