Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

Table 2 - Cinco De Mayo

maximavswife
12 years ago

Boy, we do love Mexican food. In fact for my Mother's Day dinner today we went to my very favorite local place to eat. Chile rellanos, homemade tamales...Yummers! Anyway, in spite of the fact we didn't actually celebrate the day, I did do a Cinco De Mayo table. I started with striped placmats from Target (clearanced!) and layered on orange square plates purchased on clearance from JCP. At the same time, also on clearance (are you sensing at theme here?), I got the wonderfully colorful salad plates. I used mismatched flatware, just like my favorite restaurant does and colorful napkins from Kohl's. I used some candle holders I have had close to, well, forever really, with burnt orange candles. The vase and flowers were "borrowed" from their usual place in the...powder room..yep...Ahem, carrying on, you will see my Pier 1 green goblets (clearance)and margarita glasses. I also placed a shot glass at each place setting so that we could celebrate with our friend, Jose Cuervo :)

Kath

Comments (11)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Wonderful table 'Ole' !!
    I love how you gathered the pieces for your 'Theme' and they all work beautifully together.
    Great place mats to start off the layering with those salad plates which
    look like beautiful Mexican tiles . Great candle holders and
    I love the green stems from Pier 1 too...
    Very nicely done.

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I really like your Cinco table, very nice! I have to admit I'm not personally acquainted with good ol' Jose but know plenty who are. LOL. I was always a Jim Beam sort of girl back in 'those' days.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kath, this table is wonderful. You have me singing the "Jose Cuervo" song. Everything looks great together. I love your new salad plates, gr stems, candles, cp and placemats on this table.

So glad you shared all your tables.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Love the layering of your place-settings! Looks very festive for Cinco de Mayo! The touches of orange with your candle/flowers work great! Cheerful, cheerful, table! Love it! TFS, maxi! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

LOVE those plates! So festive looking...another great job!

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

Gee whiz, do I have serious plate envy, those are outstanding and perfect for your theme. I think your pretty wood table makes the perfect back-drop too. And your menu has my mouth watering, actually Jose always does that to me.
    Frou

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Great colors and I love the green goblets!
    The plates are great too. It all looks wonderful together.

TFS,
    Candy

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Very nice! Love those green stems!

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Beautiful dishes and such a festive table. Can I come for dinner? Janet

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Wow! The wood of your table is just a perfect backdrop for all your pretty colors. Love your candleholders and that you had such neat candles and flowers to go with your plates. I'd love a homemade tamale--been a long time, need to put that on my "to do" list and go eat some soon.

So glad you took pictures of all your pretty tables to share with us. Karen's little cheerleaders sure did their job didn't they? ;o)

Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Thanks Kath for sharing your wonderful Cinco de Mayo Table with us. It is fantastic! I love the orange plates you used as chargers, the plates are so colorful, perfect for this table! The green stems are really fun too.
    NanaK