Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Memorial Day Table

Posted by christmascandy (My Page) on
Tue, May 28, 13 at 22:12

I set this table for Memorial Day, but didn't get the pictures posted til now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I only have 2 of the red poppy plates, so used 2 other plates with poppies on them.

I found some red silk poppies at DT, and added the little flags I use a lot. They are in a lead crystal bud vase from a TS.

I printed out copies of the poem "In Flanders Fields" and placed them by each place setting.

Thanks to all the heroes who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country!! Also, thanks to all the heroes who served in any of our military branches.

Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Memorial Day Table

Such a wonderful setting. Very patriotic.

TFS

GG

o

Lovely table ...you created the 'true meaning' of
Memorial Day here.
Great 'Candy Shot' too..that blue table cloth with red and white accents..really pops!
jane

o

Neat glasses with the flag. Poppy plates are perfect although I probably wouldn't have thought of them. Remember when we used to get the little poppy lapel pins--or am I dating myself with that rememberance??? LOL

I love red, white, and blue tables, and so neat that you printed the poem to really honor the occassion.

o

We still have the 'poppy' for your lapel here, luvs ... good tradition! candy...your table is so patriotic & I like that you printed out "In Flanders Fields." You even found RW&B flatware! Amazing!

Those red poppy plates are perfect & the centerpc is lovely carrying on the 'poppy' tradition... the white cross says it all. TFS your special t'scape! Jeanne S.

o

This is a wonderful Memorial Day table, Candy.
The cross is perfect. I love that you used the poppy theme.
I always look forward to seeing your tables.They are always so lovely and done with such care.
Nana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here