Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
another use for those beautiful TS-GW dishes

Posted by purplemoon (My Page) on
Tue, May 17, 11 at 22:03

I don't think I shared this with you guys before, and if I did, I obviously forgot. So I hope this isn't a repeat.
I know I posted the site awhile back on Garden Junk.
This gal takes the prettiest dishes and vases and birds etc and makes gorgeous birdbaths. Some are way too pretty to be in a yard I think, but maybe on a protected porch?
Some would also be pretty table centerpieces I think.
Let me know your thoughts...she has several pages of photos of her creations and its darn near impossible for me to pick a favorite. But she's given me plenty of ideas for next time I'm in GW looking at dish stuff. I've made a lot of "totems" but nothing like she's done.

Enjoy and hugs,
Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Birdbath Artistic Creations

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: another use for those beautiful TS-GW dishes

Karen, that is a beautiful link. The birdbaths are gorgeous..too pretty and delicate to put in the garden. She certainly used beautiful plates and vases. Thank you for sharing.
Marylee

o

Karen,
I think the members here could create something similar just by stacking items we already have and use tacky to temorarily hold them together for a vignette! Great ideas and she has some really pretty/cute birdbaths. My mind is already thinking of dishes/urns/stuff I have that I could put together for different displays.

TFS,
Candy

o

Gee, that's a lot of birdbaths and glassware. I too think they are to delicate and small for the yard, but would make great centerpieces. I'm torn about gluing all those great pieces, I like CC idea about short term vignettes.
Frou

o

Karen, she has some wonderful creations. I would be afraid of setting them out in my yard as pretty as most of them are. I'm amazed with all of the added birds and etc. she's used on each of them. I too think one could stack them for a cp or vignette.

Punk

o

Oh yeah Karen...just when I had stopped drooling over this site from your posting on the GJ site....thanks...now I have to clean up this mess on my keyboard! ;-D

LOVE her creations! I've been combing through my stuff to see if I can create my own versions.

TFS...again!

o

Here's some of the plant stand totems made from our Totem Album I put together for the GJ gang.
The first picture is from luckygal who some of you know here.

Indoor Totems by luckygal

glass Plant Stand by nmgirl

Crystal Totem Table by laurastheme

Black n Gold Totem Plant Stand

hugs, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here