Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Maybe I should change my name to Candydish!

christmascandy
12 years ago

Found some more TS dishes at GW.

The purple Lotus Poppytrail dishes were .37 ea piece. When I googled them, they sell for LOTS MORE!!

I found the Crate and Barrel Popcorn set for $4.50 for the set.

Good thing I have a basement!!

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (14)

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Candy, great finds! I love the lotus dishes, esp. and I passed on a pop corn set awhile back, just because of storage issues. Like I just told Jane, I am envious of anyone with a basement. Great "treasures" and I think Candy dish would fit, too, Janet

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

WOW! Spring-y purple dishes! BEAUTIFUL! What a bargain $$$! And the popcorn set, too! You did good! My organizational skills have gone to pot (since joining this forum!) I'm trying...but space...at least this Old Mother Hubbard's cupboards aren't bare!!! TFS, candy-dishish! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy, love the purple Lotus Poppytrail dishes. What a deal at .37 a piece. The popcorn set will be so cute set up for a night at the movies. I have a lg red & white popcorn bowl but never seem to use it. Thanks for sharing Ms Candydish!

Punk

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Candy Dish...cute and the (name fits perfectly)
    Pretty Lotus dishes and such a lovely color.
    Great price on the popcorn bowls..they'll be fun to use.

I think I've said this before, I've NEVER seen prices at my GW like yours. I often find something, and it's priced either the same or more than in a store! You're lucky, because you've got someone there who's a great pricer..

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Candy, your dishes are beautiful. You are lucky to get such great prices. Our GW also has rather high prices so I rely on the thrift store and garage sales.
    Marylee

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Yep, you definitely might have to change your name...LOL.
    Once again you've found incredible bargains, and those purple dishes are really neat.
    Like Jane, I've not seen prices so low at my GW. Even on half-off day!

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Most of the Good Will stores in the Denver/Fort Collins area price dishes and glasses at .49c ea. When it is Senior Day on Mondays the discount is 25% which makes them .37c ea. and any other day seniors can get a 15% discount.
    I just found out last week that the GW stores in Colorado Springs are completely different. Senior Day is Wed. and that is the only day there is a senior discount and they price all of their dishes/glasses differently. Apparently on how much the pricer thinks they might be worth.

That being said, sometimes the GW store thinks the dishes are more valuable and those are in a different area and more pricey than the others. Unless it is something I really want, I rarely buy those.

Since DH and I are usually playing golf on the weekends, I don't get to many garage sales, so TS's are my main source for bargains.

TTFN,
    Candy

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Oh I love the color and pattern of the lilac dishes!! What a great deal! DH has finished off most of the basement and it includes a home theatre with a 110" screen, a projector, comfortable seating and a popcorn machine! That popcorn set would be used a lot! I haven't been doing much other than work and gardening but I am feeling the pull of TS shopping so maybe I will get to one or two this weekend and see if I can find the deals on my end of town that you find Candydish!! :)

Kath

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Oh Oh Candy! I just found out the Denver area Goodwill's are 50% off "most" items on Monday! Guess I know where I'll be :) Also, I check this blog almost everyday. The woman that does most of the writing is married to a local sportcaster:
    http://thriftingdenver.org/

She also has her own thrifting blog where she shares her GW finds:
    http://alittlejunkinmytrunk.blogspot.com/

Kath

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

That purple is lovely and will be great for Spring and Summer. I really like that pattern too. I do have to say not only is everything you find reasonable, you find great things. Our GW has nothing but trash as far as dishes go. The TSs are a little better, but you have to check everyday to find anything good. At least here we all get to enjoy all your fab finds.
    Frou

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Back when I first found Gardenweb and the Garden Junk forum, I was finding plates and even pretty clear dishes for 50 cents to a dollar each. Now many of the plates are priced at $3.99! Can you believe that? Once in a great while, they go through and do some drastic markdowns--then some go down to as low as 85 cents, but they are not usually the ones I'd want even if free! LOL

Love the shade of lavender on your's and you even got service pieces too. Cute popcorn set--you might want to strike a bargain buy or swap with Kath for her new "theatre"!

Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Once again you found the best bargains, Candy. I love the lotus plates, such a pretty shade of purple. The popcorn set is fun, sounds like it will be put to good use.
    NanaK

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

WOWEE!! What a deal you found....LOVE the purple! Lucky, lucky you!

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

I love those lilac bowls, so pretty!