Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

I heard a rumor

maximavswife
13 years ago

I've heard that with the nice weather things have been a bit slow around these parts. I know between getting our yard and gardens in shape and a crazy time at work I have been slack-a dacking at commenting and posting myself. Well hold on to your hats ladies cuz I have not one, not two but three tables to share with you!!! I will start with our Easter table. We had DH's parents down from the mountains for dinner. DMIL is just a as nuts about tables as I am! She put the pressure on saying she could hardly wait to see what I had done. She loved it! I will admit it didn't hurt that I played to her love of the color blue :)DH and I had colored eggs the night before (we are such kids at heart lol) and I incorporated some into the tablescape. I used burlap placemats that were a Christmas gift from DH as is the flatware. White plates are our everyday Gibson. Pastel blue plates were on sale from Home Goods. I fell in love with the beading. Egg cups were on sale too, from King Soopers/ Kroger. Stemware you have seen before (and likely will see again lol). The centerpiece starts with a lace runner from Ross. Next is a candle holder from GW that started out brass but I spray painted it Heirloom White. Since we were eating early I didn't use candles and used some of our decorated eggs instead. And it just isn't Easter without a bunny! He came from and estate sale last year. I love his crackled finish. The bunny salt & pepper were from Ross several years agoI hope you all had as nice an Easter we did. Family, good food and laughter always brightens my day!

Kath

Comments (11)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Wooo Hoooo, THREE tables from you. Those lil' Cheerleaders must've really been inspiring. LOL.
    Your Easter table is so sweet. I have your bunny's twin brother! I think its wonderful your DMIL loves pretty tables too.

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Yep Karen's right..those lil' Cheerleaders did their work!!
    Another lovely table..I'm envying that Bunny and now I hear Karen has his twin!!
    I'll be on the look for their 'Triplet' !!
    Very pretty table - I love blue too and especially those pretty blue plates.
    Everything looks so soft and Springy. Pretty touches with the lace runner and your CP with the eggs.
    Nice details on everything.
    I guess you go to the 'Head Of the Class' for putting together 3 Great Tables >> Way to Go!!

jane

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Kath, such a pretty table and your egg cups and plates are wonderful. Your crackle bunny is so cute and I know Karen loves them too.LOL Little bunny s & p bunnies are sweet also.

Your candle holder/egg holder looks great. The eggs on it look marbleized. Is this a new technique you used? The runner is perfect for your table. I'm so glad that DMIL loves your tables. It's fun when others appreciate time spent on creating these tables.

Punk

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh gosh, this is a pretty Easter table! What fun to enjoy it with your DH's parents & esp a DMIL who appreciates your t'scaping!

Burlap & lace...would never think of that as a combo...IT WORKS! Esp using those pretty place-setting dishes (egg cups included)...lovely! And I am admiring that candle centerpc that you painted white...w/your eggs...just looks so Springy! Cute bunnies, too! TFS, maxi & for headin' up the cheering squad! LOL! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Very pretty table! Love the centerpiece painted white and I especially like the blue dishes...such a soft shade of blue! Great job and glad that your MIL was impressed too!

• maximavswife
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all for the sweet comments :) Punk, the marblized eggs were done with a Paas kit from Walmart LOL!

Kath

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

You have been a very busy lady, this is another lovely table. My favorites are the blue plates, I'm always nuts about pastels. I also love the candle holder with the eggs, very pretty.
    Frou

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Love the eggs on the candleholder. Very clever idea.
    So nice that DMIL enjoys your tables and appreciates your efforts. Also great the DH supports your efforts. Such a pretty table. Those pastel blue plates are gorgeous.

TFS,
    Candy

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Boy, Kath, you have been busy. Such neat tables. Love the Easter one too. Those bunnies are darling and I admire anyone who still has the patience to dye eggs. I haven't done that since my kids have been grown, although I know the GKs would enjoy it. (I just dread the mess they would make doing it) TFS Janet

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Nice to have you back again! I like the burlap and lace design, similar to the Denim and Diamonds concept that is so popular. Very pretty blue plates, and your egg/candleholder was a great find. And like Karen, I'm a bunny lover too--your's are very cute. You are so lucky to have a DH who "encourages" your tablesetting! ;o) Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Love your Easter Table Kath, Looks like a Sunny Spring Day! I like how you repurposed the candelabra.It is really pretty painted white. I love the blue plates. You bunny looks happy to be part of the festivities.
    NanaK

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions