Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_li

Stars and Stripes Forever...

kathleen_li
13 years ago

Here's the link to tonight's table...there are lots of great patriotic ones this week at Between Naps on the Porch..go check some out when you have time..great ideas!

Here is a link that might be useful: Stars and Stripes Table

Comments (19)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Beautiful patriotic t'scape, Kathleen! Love your place setting dishes ...and linens, napkins especially with napkin rings. Certainly a remarkable table for Memorial Day! TFS! Jeanne S.

• oreos_mom
    13 years ago

Kathleen, as the proud mom and mother in law of 2 wonderful American soldiers .. THANK YOU..THANK YOU.. for this table ! Although we're Army.. lol. My Dad was Army as was my uncle, my significant other served 2 tours in Vietnam with the Army and his oldest and youngest sons are also Army ! I do have friends in the Marines and Navy though :>)

Susan

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Susan, thank your soldiers for me! It was for them too..it just happened my friends were Marines, but I love them all!
    Jeanne, I just got those napkin rings..they were 50 cents each! :)

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Wow! Such a wonderful tribute to those who have served.

I really like the stemware. I like its heavy look for an outdoor setting. Also like the glass pots. Did you buy them recently?

I did take a trip over to Between Naps and looked at the other red, white and blue tables. Picked up a number of good ideas.

Happy Memorial Day.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OA, I got the little blue pots a few years ago..25 cents..they are votive holders, but I use them for lots of things.

The glasses were a dollar on clearance...I stopped at 6..I have blue stems, but I wouldn't want them to go outside!

Did you check The Tablescaper and Stone Gables? Really good. I haven't gotten through all of them yet.
    Little Cottage in the Making is good too as well as
    Lori Lucas I Have a Big Story to Tell..all good!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Oh my goodness, Kathleen, reading your post brought tears to my eyes. What a great tribute to those who serve in our military--and to their families who wait and pray for them.

What a great setting for your table, your porch is just wonderful as are all the plants and other greenery. Those little whale s&p's are so cute and you found red chargers too! I also liked how you layered the table cloths, you are so good about all the little details that make tablescapes so special.

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Luvs..
    The red chargers I have had for a few years..well I had 2..got them after Cmas last year at PBarn,,then I found 2 more a few months ago in the clearance .

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Kathleen, lovely table and I did see your whale s & p shakers. They are darling. I just ate dinner but love pancakes and yours look better than any I've ever seen before. YUM YUM

You do such a wonderful job putting tables together and your food is fabulous. Your table on the patio with your beautiful yard in the back is a beautiful setting.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I just want to live next door to you...
    that's all I have to say!

hugs, Karen

• bettyd_z7_va
    13 years ago

Kathleen,

I always check your blog. Where else can I feed 2 of my addictions at the same time? Beautiful tablescapes AND beautiful food!

If y'all haven't tried Kathleen's Irish Soda Bread, you don't know what you're missing. I won't make it often because I eat WAAAY too much of it. Mmmm.. Just out of the oven with butter!

SHUT UP, BETTY! I feel the pounds creeping on.

Betty

P.S. Got to thinking about the ISB and forgot all about this wonderful tablescape. What a beautiful tribute to the ones who risk and sometimes give their lives to keep us safe. I LOVE how you shared the story behind this tablescape.

I agree whole-heartedly with Luvs. It brings tears to my eyes.

Weekend before last our DS Thomas who is a Marine broke the news to us that he had orders for Afganistan next January. I got such a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and angry at the same time.

I pray the situation there will be resolved and our troops will be home before January.

I don't want to learn how it feels to have a son in a war situation.

Thanks for sharing this table and the details behind it.
    As usual, it is beautiful and holds special meaning this year.

Betty

• peaceinhim
    13 years ago

Kathleen, what a beautiful and meaningful tablescape! My son has served two tours in Iraq and is now temporarily out while studying to become a chaplain. I appreciate all our men and women who have faithfully served our country and those of us left here who stand behind them. Thank you for this fitting tribute! Susan

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Susan, thank your son for his service. Sounds like you've raised quite the young man, not only serving his country but now serving the Lord.

I dealt with that fear by having my grandson sent to Iraq on the day of his 21st birthday. One of the worst years of my life, I was so worried about him. He had numerous close calls with roadside bombs, but thankfully returned to us in one piece. I am so glad my two sons were in the military during a non-war time. My heart goes out to all those with loved ones in Iraq and Afghanistan.

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you everyone..I am very appreciative of all those who serve our country in the armed service, I pray for them and their families.

• homersgarden
    13 years ago

My eight-year-old son just walked by and said, "Wow mom you need to do that." Inspiring. I figured the kids could care less about how the table looked. I spend a lot of time decorating the house, but have neglected the table because I figured the kids wouldn't care...now I guess I have been challenged to do tablescapes!

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Wow Kathleen,
    I just loved this beautiful table and all it stands for. What a beautiful tribute.
    Everything is so striking. Your table linens add just the perfect touch and compliment those wonderful dishes.
    My friend's son (also one of my students) will be coming home for good...on June 8th. He's a Marine and finished three tours in Iraq. We are so greatful to him and all who served and are still serving for their sacrifices...
    They are the ones who have provided our Freedom for Everything we do!

jane

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Jane..and I am glad your friend will be home soon.
    We owe them so much!
    So now everyone must do a flag day table, kidding...where is Miss OA our instigator?
    A Flag Day table would be nice..no?? For our troops!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I've been thinking 4th of July--please forgive me, but when is Flag day? You are right, we should celebrate that day with a special table for the troops Kathleen. Luvs

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

June 14th, Luvs...

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Holiday-ers...So many of you have sons/daughters/friends serving...will keep them all in thought & prayer, too...as Lynn's son.

Kathleen's table & narrative touches us all...thank you, Kathleen for sharing your talent & beauty. Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County
More Discussions