Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

National Tulip Day

christmascandy
11 years ago

Sunday is also National Tulip Day.

I found this tulip arrangement at a TS for $3.75.

It was a bunch of yellow tulips and purple tulips stuck in a container.

I did some fluffing and moved some of the flowers to different stems to mix up the arrangment. Then I put it in my green wagon and added a net butterfly.

This is the result:

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (11)

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Candy, love this arrangement and your little green wagon.
    The yellow and purple tulips are gorgeous together.
    Using the net butterfly is the perfect accent.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Tulip time came a month early here in IA!...so strange! So it's good to see 'tulips' again...& you are so good at arranging! This is very cute...the yellow/purple combo is lovely! And the 'netted' butterfly looks cute! TFS, candy! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

They have a "day" for everything, don't they? Love your tulips in your green wagon and the net butterfly adds that extra touch!

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Looks like you did the right amount of 'Fluffing' on your Tulips.
    They look great and I love the little wagon
    they're in.

jane

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Looks like you did the right amount of 'Fluffing' on your Tulips.
    They look great and I love the little wagon
    they're in.

jane

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

What a pretty color combination and just perfect for your little green wagon. Good job.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nana, thank you. It needed something besides the arrangement and that butterfly seemed to be the necessary element.

Jeanne, our spring came early too, and now we are probably going to have watering restrictions this summer because we didn't have our usual March/April snowfalls. : (

Marlene, yes, and it depends on the website you consult as different sites have different days!!

Jane, I find a lot of the arrangements I get at the TS's just need some TLC to make them look good. In this case switching some of the purple tulips with the yellow, bending them to the right curves, and making the leaves fill in around the bottom was what made it more attractive.
    I see you had a double post just like I did, so it must be something with the website itself.

Luvs, thanks, they were calling out to me at the TS, LOL.
    I liked the colors and thought the arrangement would look good with some rearranging.

Thanks everybody.
    Have a wonderful Mother's Day,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Candy, your wagon is so pretty all decorated for Spring. Great find on the tulips. Lovin' your big net butterfly you added.

Punk

• janet1_2007
    11 years ago

I love it all, too. You did great with the tulip fluffing. They looked like you just snipped them from your garden, and the butterfly and the wagon are so perfect together, Happy Mother's day to everyone to Janet

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! And ditto on all the other wonderful comments.

hugs, Karen

• oldalgebra
    11 years ago

Great arrangement. I like the fact that the butterfly is so big. I bet you'll find ways of using him (her?) more times than you might imagine.

"Luvs, thanks, they were calling out to me at the TS, LOL."
    Hey, things at garage sales beg me to take them home too. Funny how some people never hear them.

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm
More Discussions