Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostarhodo

The Chocolate

hostarhodo
12 years ago

Last month I did a dessert for a local wedding (139). I made chocolate cups the size of large muffins and filled them with no-bake cheesecake then added mandarin oranges on top. The wedding colors were yellow and orange. Added a fanned strawberry and a slice of kiwi on opposite sides of plate, in the front was a very small scoop of orange-mango frozen yogurt and then 1/2 of a chocolate filled rolled wafer. It looked great with lots of color. A big hit.

The next week my daughter was in a Relay For Life Fundraiser so I made more chocolate cups with cheesecake and topped with fanned strawberries. Sold them for $2.00 ea.

Had a memorial service at the hall for a former client, made more, one bite size now, then this past weekend a 90th birthday for a lady down the road, more small ones, (dark and white chocolate) with strawberry, kiwi, and cantelope pieces on each. All big hits. The fun is watching people try to take the paper off the cups when there actually is none.

I made a chocolate basket for the birthday using a coffee filter in a fluted pan added chocolate coated strawberries and cherries along with 2 bite sized cheesecakes, her name and 90. She loved it. Another for my 9 year old GS. Will make some for the hospital fundraiser this weekend.

Have to make 150 small ones for the wedding of my former babysitter's daughter.

Not sure how big I can make the chocolate containers. With all the containers and bowls I got I will have fun trying.

Also trying to make different seashell shapes (already did a scallop shell) for DD wedding for next year. This is all practice. I had not done any of this before that first wedding last month.

To make everyone druel, peanutbutter cheesecake is next on the list for filling the cups.

Sorry this is so long, but it is fun making them.

Betty

Comments (6)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm
More Discussions