Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldalgebra

Maybe you already knew this . . .

oldalgebra
13 years ago

I didn't discover this until a few days ago.

Photobucket lets you do one of those

All-Black-And-White-Except-One-Place-That-Has-Color photos. Well, I guess that

doesn't make sense, so it's easier to show it. I'm not sure this is relevant for the

Holiday Forum, but I know I've always liked it when Karen shows us something

that's going on elsewhere in Internet Land, so I thought I'd throw this out there.

Maybe it will make a good holiday card for next December.

You upload one of your color photos to Photobucket.

I just went to the kindergarten Mother's Day Tea and took this shot and uploaded it today.

Then you click on Edit.

Then click the Effects tab.

Then click the Color Splash button.

Your photo immediately turns to black and white.

You can enlarge the photo for a closer look and

pick the size of your paint brush.

You paint (move over) the area where you want to

restore the color and

Voila . . .

This was the result the very first time out, so that should tell you

just how easy it is to do.

Comments (16)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

OA ...AWESOME! I always think those B&W's look so cool with the bit of color! TFS this! Jeanne S.
    p.s. I commented on "Beehives" on GJ post for you the other day.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

How cool. That is one I've yet to explore or discover.
    Now I'll have to play with it. TFS.

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

What a cute young man, OA, and a beautiful rose too. I've not really played with any of the special effects--will have to do that. Thanks for sharing. Luvs

P.S. Did you go to the Lemon Festival this year? I had forgotten all about it--we should have met up, huh?

I didn't hear about Crafts on Euclid either--did they have it this year? Both are usually the same weekend.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

That is so cool, when I slow down with the gardening, I'll have to give it a try.
    Frou

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Ohhh, I had to try that Colorsplash in Photobucket...experimenting with this pic:

Colorsplash editing:

Original pic ...in April, GS hopscotching on porch:

Thanks OA, this will be fun for alot of pics! Jeanne S.

• wandaredhead
    13 years ago

WOW!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

• jaybird
    13 years ago

That is a cool tool!!
    Thanks,
    J

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Here's my attempt.
    Frou

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh, golly! I love the pics. Add some more. This will give us all ideas on how to use it.

Jeanne,
    Love that sweet little babe and his big rubber hopscotch! How cute it that!? Is the green circle his lager? (Who even remembers the term hopscotch lager?)

Frou,
    How did you do the stars around your furbaby? Was it hard to get the same shade of pink that's in the bunny?

• luckygal
    13 years ago

Thanks OA for this info! I'm such a dork when it comes to computers and this sort of thing altho I know it's not all that difficult - when one learns how! I did a bit of editing effects with my old camera but haven't given it a thot for ages. Must investigate as I love these special effects.

Frou - you will have to tell us how you did the stars! Very cute.

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

What adorable little boys, OA and Jeanne!
    I will have to play with that!

• party_music50
    13 years ago

OA, that little boy with the rose is such a great photo in its original colors! That should be on a wall or a Mother's Day card. :) Is he one of yours? :) His hair and expression are priceless.

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh, thank you for saying that, PM. That sweet boy is my grandson.

At the Kindergarten Mother's Day Tea, all the mothers (and grandmothers) had to wait on the quad until each kinder came out, presented his or her guest with a rose and took her in to be seated.

I love him so!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I agree with Party, that photo of your grandson is fantastic.
    It should be blown-up and framed to see all the time! He's such a little hunk, great hair, beautiful eyes. I'd take him with or without the rose. LOL. I think you have a future heartbreaker there, the girls are just going to love him. (probably not something he wants to hear at this age tho. LOL)

Jeanne, I'd take your little cutie too. Wish they wouldn't grow up so fast tho! My youngest GS is already 7, and the oldest is almost 25. sigh.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh, I must share this one from yesterday...had a great Mother's Day picnic ...pretty cool weather but we managed...sunshine anyway! This pic I fixed on my photo program...I wanted to make a "collage" of sorts...but just wanted to show the swing & "after-swing"...these are my 2 GS's (bros) ...born 8 yrs. apart...so big one looks after the lil' one. Ahhhh, they're sweeties & live about 3 hrs. from me...so always a JOY to be tog.:

Well, that may be qualify as "G'ma braggin!" but wanted to share another technique that is fun! Jeanne S.

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Brag away, grandma. Grandmas are allowed to .... No. Grandmas are REQUIRED to brag.
    And Karen is right, they grow up too fast.

Thanks for yet another photo technique. I'll be dreaming up ways to put it to use.

Hugs to your babies.

OA

Sponsored
More Discussions