Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Casual table for the boss.

excessfroufrou
12 years ago

Last week we hosted DH's out-of-town boss for dinner. It was just a casual night and I wanted to use these red bowls for shrimp and grits and the rest of the table just fell in place. I realize that the beaded fruit looks kind of fallish, but I like this table cloth and hardly ever use it. I put the bread in the top part of the centerpiece. Also, look at my roses the boss brought me.

Frou

Comments (11)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Gee, frou...your table looks very "summery" to me! Love the bright colors...& that t'cloth is so fresh & fun!!! Your fruit is perfect in the centerpc & that's cool that you serve the bread on top of it!

I love how you mixed & matched the blue & green accessories ...& how just outside your window, your glass garden totems & decor echoes the same glass & color motifs! It looks very lovely out there...& your fountain/water feature!

I'm not familiar with the "big spoon" ...is that something for shrimp & grits? (which also is not a common meal here)...so fill me in, will ya!

The "roses" are GORGEOUS...but so are your roses that you grow! TFS, frou! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

I love your table! So rich looking and the beaded fruit is gorgeous! My DD always laughs at mine, but I love it anyway. Your roses are beautiful too. Looks like a very inviting table.

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

A gorgous table and the roses are so pretty. I like your tablecloth and although I am finding several, most are solid colors and not nearly as interesting as yours. Love how you mixed the glassware and the red bowls are fantastic. I really love red, I think it is so invigorating.It just makes everything look good.Janet

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Frou..this is such a pretty table! I love the Vintage look of your tablecloth.
    I think your placemats, red dishes and colorful stems are a great choice and go perfectly.
    Your Black CP with the fruit is a stunning accent and sets everything off very nicely..
    Love those georgeous Roses too..

jane

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Frou, love your table with all your beautiful dishes. You have so many pretty colored dishes and they are wonderful together. I too want to know about that spoon that is so different. I've never had grits but know alot who love them.

Your roses are georgeous. I just sat a fruit table yesterday and need to download pictures and post. I was ready for something totally different after all the Easter decorations. Enjoyed seeing your table tonight.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Ditto what the others have said. What a wonderful explosion of color on your table. WOW. So pretty!

Now, I have to tell you that I've been sitting here grinning like the Cheshire Cat over your latest garden decor. And I am going to put the link to your post and photos for the others here to go see what you did. Its a HOOT and I LOVE it.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Frou's garden decoration CAUGHT

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Frou, that tablecloth is so pretty, and the fruit ties in perfectly. Very colorful and colors that the men could enjoy.

Your gnomes are too cute, but I really love the "jail bird", you have such a great imagination and are so creative. This will be a real conversation starter for sure!

Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

SPECTACULAR TABLE!! It looks like a bright Summer day. I love the mix of blues and greens and reds. I have beaded fruit that I use at the holidays. [I might start using it at other times] I like that you used it here. It is just the right touch. This table is really a feast for the eyes.

Lovely roses for a lovely lady.

Your new garden accessories are a RIOT!!!

Thanks for posting them Karen.

NanaK

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks you sweet girls. Okay, the big spoons are part of a set of flatware that I bought at an estate sale. It is from Siam, and each place setting has 8 different pieces with service for 12. I think these spoons work well for shrimp and grits or soup. Punk, we make the grits with chicken broth and cheese and let them set up sort of like polenta, the shrimp is sauteed with smoke sausage, onions, peppers, mushrooms and cream and butter and then served over the grits, sounds weird, but taste yummie. I made the tablecloth years ago before fabric and lace got so expensive. Thanks for the comments about my yard art, I have to admit it is really calling my name this time of year.
    Frou

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

I love all the colors on this table. The jewel tones are my favs and I love how you mixed them up.
    I've never had shrimp and grits, but it sounds like it would be quite tasty.
    Are you making homemade bread too?

Karen, thanks for the link. If it gets windy those jailbirds will definitely be seeing their jailhouse rock! Too cute!

TFS,
    Candy

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

It looks so colorful! What a lovely table to welcome the Boss!
    Hope he enjoyed it!

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County
More Discussions