Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Last minute Cinco de Mayo Table

excessfroufrou
12 years ago

I love Mexican food and so I couldn't pass up doing this table. We got the blanket 32 years ago on a trip to Mexico, back when they were nice and heavy. I collect the feather art bird pix, also from Mexico. The peppers necklace was gift about 20 years ago, the pitcher was a B'day gift this year, the little planter is from my pottery collection and then you have to have chips and salsa too, thus the bowl. The dishes and glasses were from $Tree this year. I left one of my napkins turned wrong after taking the place setting pic, oh well.

Frou

Comments (7)

• valleymagpie
    12 years ago

Very colorful and pretty, 'Frou. Yellow isn't really my color but it looks really nice with the red plates and colorful blanket.

Nice job.

- Magpie

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Using that keepsake Mexican blanket is a wonderful idea, frou! It certainly creates a perfect bkgrd for Cinco de Mayo celebration!

Love the planter & bowl for the salsa & chips! And those dishes & glasses are so colorful...along w/placemats with colorful stripes! Pretty cool!

The feather bird art is gorgeous! Great t'scape! Enjoy your Mexican food! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Frou, lovely table. Your blanket, necklace, cactus and pictures worked perfect for your table. Neat chips and sala dish. Your new pitcher is so pretty and I really like the lg candle sticks with it on here.

The girls went out for margaritas tonight after work but DH and I took DS and friend out for pizza instead. Should of went to Fiesta En Jalisco!

Punk

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Your blanket is just perfect to set the mood for this table. How neat that the placemats even have stripes too. I love the DT striped glasses, sure didn't see those at mine! Everything looks really nice and I love your beautiful big candleholders! TFS.

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I agree completely with what the others have said. Its sure a pretty table, Frou.
    (and I remember when we use to go to Mexico and buy neat stuff after moving to Phoenix in 1960. Nogales is less than 3 hrs. It was great to go shopping there back THEN. Things have sure changed tho. Glad you have one of those blankets.)

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

I love your table, Frou! So colorful and bright, it was a great idea to use your keepsake blanket. I have those DT dishes and glasses too, they are so versatile. I used them with the yellow tea towels. They look wondeful with the blue ones. The large candle sticks and candles are just the right touch. Your new pitcher is really pretty and the orange and yellow flowers are perfect in it. I love the little planter and salsa and chip plate. The feather art is very pretty.
    This is a perfect Cinco de Mayo Table. You put a lot of thought into it even if it was "last minute'
    TFS
    NanaK

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Perfect table for the occasion. Everything is very well planned and colorful, even if it was last minute. The blanket is great for the tablecloth and the dishes go really well with the colors.
    Cute chip/salsa dish but where are the chips and salsa? I was ready to dive in and have some, LOL.

Love it.
    TFS,
    Candy

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions
More Discussions