Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Redo on Dylan's rocker

christmascandy
11 years ago

I showed pictures of the rocker I painted for Dylan for Christmas, but I was not happy with the corners. I had done it at 1 AM when I was really tired and it just didn't look like I wanted it to look.

So....I repainted the corners and like it much better now. Dylan hasn't really said anything about it, although she is "talking" a lot these days. We just can't understand her yet, LOL.

Before:

After redo:

Close up:

I'm much happier with it now, although Dylan probably wouldn't have cared one way or the other.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (10)

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

it looks wonderful.
    I'm sure Dylan loves it too.
    she is a lucky baby.
    Gosh babies change so quickly, don't they?
    I can't believe she's "talking" already.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Beautiful, Candy...an heirloom from Gr'ma! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Candy...you did such a beautiful job on this little
    chair. Dylan is a lucky little girl to have such a
    talented GMA!
    BTW...did you sign your name and put the date under the
    chair? Whenever DH - I or the GKids make anything that's what we do
    as a keepsake of who did it and when!

jane

• marylee_2010
    11 years ago

The rocker is beautiful. I agree...you should sign it on the bottom. I have a footstool that is signed on the bottom with my Father's name and the year 1926 when he was in Jr. High School. That makes it all the more precious to me. Marylee

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Candy, the roses you added to Dylan's chair finish it off beutifully. I love the little princess pillow too. SWEET.....

Punk

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The back of both Dylan's and Cody's rockers have the year on them.

Good idea to sign the bottom.

TTFN,
    Candy

• janet1_2007
    11 years ago

Candy, another masterpiece. You did a fantastic job on Dylans chair. Definately sign it on the bottom, and you could also write a little personal message that would mean so much to them as they grow older. It is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I ask Grayson, my little 2 and a half year old darling GS the other day what he wanted us to do that day, Guess what he said??? Put up a "Tristmas Tree" Looks like I may have one Grandchild who loves Christmas as much as I do. Nothing could please me more. Janet

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Janet, that is just precious. I hope you keep a record of cute things he says. I write mine on my calendars, as my oldest DD makes me a photo calendar every year with cute pictures of the kids for the month from the previous year. Needless to say, I keep all the calendars. I also buy each DGK a Christmas ornament every year with a date.

I think it is just fabulous that you have another Christmas lover in the family.

TTFN,
    Candy

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

C-U-T-E!! Love the larger flowers at the corners, but the chair was so pretty to begin with. What a great grandma you are!

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

I second what the others said...it was lovely to begin with, but the larger flowers really enhanced it.

Your grandkids are sooooo lucky. Not only a grandmother who is beautiful and sweet, but so darn talented. The fact you are literally MAKING memories, someday to be heirlooms, is so amazing to me. (not many do that these days I'm afraid.) I can picture Dylan sitting her dolls in it someday, and perhaps her own daughters doing the same. What a PRICELESS gift you've given her.

hugs, Karen