Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_li

Cinco de Mayo

kathleen_li
13 years ago

Here's this week table..

I got the dishes in the supermarket a few months ago..clearance 50 cents. Nice big bowls, I like the shape..The napkin rings were 1.89..everything else I had..

There's my Blue Hour photo there too..

Here is a link that might be useful: Cinco de Mayo Table

Comments (11)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Wow! Kathleen, you nailed it gal--the red and yellow with your fantastic bargain buy dishes! I love the colors and agree the size of the bowls is perfect for so many things. Those cute napkin rings along with the big ones in the mums--perfect touch! And your food! I just got back from dinner but I'd eat more if your food were handy! LOL

Lots of Cinco festivities out here--you know how Calif. is, any reason for a party! LOL

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

That is wonderful. The yellow tablecloth is so perfect with the dishes and the mat in the center. Everything is perfect for that matter.

And great job on capturing the blue hour!
    hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Happy Cinco de Mayo, kathleen! The Gibson dishes are PERFECT for this celebration ...and I love how you tied in the maracas with the napkins & centerpc! So festive!!! Yellow really makes the dishes POP! Love it! And festive silverware to boot! RL Mums, gorgeous! TFS! Jeanne S. I'm really getting an appreciation for the bright colors used in t-scaping on this forum!

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Ay Caramba,
    You nailed it....but I'd prefer a frozen margarita, if you would be so kind. LOL

Great job on the table and the blue light.
    Smiles,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Very Festive Table Kathleen!
    Makes me want to jump up and do the 'Mexican Hat Dance'!!
    Love your color combination and those dishes were such a great deal. They remind me of similar ones I have from pfaltzgraff...but paid no where close to $.50.
    Cute napkin rings and place cards..
    You captured the 'Blue Hour' perfectly!

jane

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, Luvs...For fifty cents the bowls were really amazing..

Jane, I was going to buy a sombrero in the dollar store, but then I thought another piece of junk to store!

Thanks, Karen...I tried taking the blue hour from the front of the house and nothing..There is more open space there..I want to go down to the beach and see what I can get there.

Candy, I do have Margarita glasses,( I use them to serve shrimp salad or fruit salad in the summer) but I packed them away and couldn't find them! So you'll have to have a Corona..I only drink diet soda, so I am no help!

Jeanne, the maracas are from the dollar store. I actually bought them a few years for the gkids to play with, then realized how loud they were, so I tucked them away.
    And thank you for your kind comments too!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

That is so colorful and cute. The napkin rings are my favorite, but it's all super duper. I'm craving Margaritas at 9 a.m.. Your blue light pic is perfect as well as all your pics.
    Frou

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Eso es Maravilloso, you did a great job!!!
    Thanks for posting,
    J

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Very pretty and festive, Kathleen! I love that bright yellow tablecloth with your new dishes. I didn't do festive table myself this year, so it was great to see yours.
    Lynn

• luckygal
    13 years ago

Ditto what everyone else said, Kathleen. That's a wonderful 'scape. I always love looking at your pics.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, LG, Lynn, Frou and Jay.
    I appreciate you looking! :)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions