Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Masters to May Day TS's

christmascandy
10 years ago

I have been busy so even though I set a table for the Masters Golf Tournament, I didn't get around to posting it until now.

I used silk magnolias in a golf goblet on a magnolia compote for the CP.

I made stickers to use in the center of the plates.

I used a dark green tablecloth with rattan placemats for the sand bunkers, and yellow napkins, green and yellow placemats to match Masters colors.

Today I set a May Day table even though it is snowing outside and is supposed to be 7-9" before it is done!!

I used a tall candlestick and draped it with ribbons for the May Pole and put a May Basket on top.

Since May Day dates back to medieval Europe, I used the set of Johnson Bros Olde English Countryside dishes that I just found at GdWl for $8.79 for a 20 pc set.

The tall candlestick was from Big Lots many yrs ago, but everything else is from various thrift stores (except the ribbons, LOL)

There are a couple of tiny chips in a couple of the plates, but barely noticeable, and since it is just for the sake of setting a table and not eating, no problem, LOL

Today is also my youngest DD's birthday, she was a bicentennial baby in 1976!!!!

Happy May Day everyone,
Candy

Comments (6)

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Well, what a good idea, candy...posting Masters to May Day!! LOL! The Masters centerpc is very cool ... great heighth & unique compote! The colors sure fit to the 'tee!' & printing the stickers makes each place setting original!

Your may basket place settings are sure pretty...I love the Johnson dishes & the shade of the green dinnerplate with them & perfect choice of placemats! Lovely! ...matching flatware, too.

Happy B'day to your youngest ... & TFS your tables ... we all seem to be so busy & not posting here ~~ I did change a little on the buffet today ...but my porch is lookin' sad yet ~~good weather days been outside & now a couple cold, cruddy ones so won't want to be on the porch either! LOL! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Really, really like your Master's centerpiece! Both your tables are delightful. Such pretty colors on the May Day one.

Sorry your weather so crummy, and yours too Jeanne. I know both of you are longing for Spring and time to spend outdoors. As usual, opposite temps here...l00 degrees already . I'm not enjoying going outside either.

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Well, you think of everything! A Master's Golf tournament table...how cool is that? Love the green and yellow and gold.

And your May day table is so pretty....love the plates! Johnson Bros. plates are some of my favorites.

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Wonderful tables as usual Candy!
    The Masters table is strikingly elegant
    I love the stickers you made for the plates.
    I would love to share a meal at your lovely table.
    The May Day table is delightful.
    The colors are so pretty..and the May Pole CP is awesome.
    Your Johnson Brothers plates are perfect for this table.
    Hope your DD had a wonderful birthday.
    TFS
    Nana

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Candy..I love the fact that whenever you do a TS in your sunroom..it always looks so bright and cheery no matter what the weather outside.!
    Your Masters Tournament table is a creative 'Master-piece' !! Love the use of the stickers on the plates. Looking at the 'Candy Shot' with the dark green TC..really gives the feeling of being 'on the green' !
    I have a set of Johnson dishes and am blown away by what you paid for yours at GW !!
    Your Medieval table and the pretty May Pole CP you created is lovely.
    Happy Birthday to your youngest!
    Sending you 'good vibes' for better weather days ahead.
    jane

• GulfportGail
    10 years ago

What wonderful ideas!!! Soooo creative.

Thanks for sharing.

GG

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company
More Discussions