Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Memorial Day Table

Posted by kathleen_li (My Page) on
Mon, May 30, 11 at 17:05

Hope you all are enjoying this holiday weekend!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.cuisinekathleen.com/2011/05/best.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Memorial Day Table

Lovely Memorial t'scape, kathleen! Your "summer" season looks so beautiful...TFS those pics. And added your friend, Capt Meyers, to prayer list...yes, Memorial Day seems such a sad day when we remember our loved ones but it is also such a soulful reminder of those living who sacrifice their lives for our freedom every single day. So, TFS your 'cheerful' RW&B table!

Esp love the covered bowls for your chowder ...the blue stemware, the braided placemats (doubled) & napkin pattern. Adorable place setting plates & stars!

And the pie, OMgosh, scruptious (sp?)! Never have seen a cherry pitter like that one. TFS, kathleen! Jeanne S.

o

Thank you, Jeanne! You are so kind!
Yes, I am very grateful to be retired in such a beautiful place. Being able to walk to the bay is a blessing, well, maybe not in winter! :)

o

Kathleen, these are the tables I was trying to comment on...with no luck.
I hope the problem has cleared up since then.

What a wonderful way to commemorate Memorial Day
with your lovely tables of colorful linens and pretty dishes.
Your tables are always 'winners' in my book!

May God Bless ALL those who served and are serving now, for their sacrifices to keep us safe...

Jane

o

Your table is just lovely and honors our military so well.

Memorial Day always makes me feel a bit teary and emotional. I will keep your Capt Myers in my prayers. I hate he's returning for a THIRD time, and with a new baby.
One tour in Afghanistan or Iraq is more than enough IMO.
Actually none...I want all our troops home.

I'm glad winter finally ended for you, and now you can enjoy your beautiful gardens and the beach. Wish I was there, LOL.

hugs, Karen

Flag waving

o

Kathleen, beautiful table and tribute for Memorial Day. You put so much into this post and I hope you know how much we enjoy you sharing all of it. I will be praying for all in need.

Your pie looks wonderful!

Punk

o

Kathleen, Your table is lovely, as usual.
I'm sorry your friend is being deployed again.
I'll keep him and his family in my prayers.

You live in such a beautiful area!!

The pie looks fantastic!!
NanaK

o

I looked yesterday but didn't get back over here to comment. As always, your table looks so pretty and inviting, and I also loved seeing your pretty flowers are already starting to bloom. You have the most gorgeous hydrangeas. We are so blessed that we have such dedicated military men like your friend--doing above and beyond what is expected. Really have to thank his family for being so supportive and carrying on at home while he is deployed too. God bless them all.

Luvs

o

Thanks, Jane, Karen, Punk, Nana and Luvs for taking the time to look and leave a comment.
Where are all the Holidayers? Seems like there are very few of us left from a few years ago!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here