Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_li

Memorial Day Table

kathleen_li
12 years ago

Hope you all are enjoying this holiday weekend!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.cuisinekathleen.com/2011/05/best.html

Comments (8)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Lovely Memorial t'scape, kathleen! Your "summer" season looks so beautiful...TFS those pics. And added your friend, Capt Meyers, to prayer list...yes, Memorial Day seems such a sad day when we remember our loved ones but it is also such a soulful reminder of those living who sacrifice their lives for our freedom every single day. So, TFS your 'cheerful' RW&B table!

Esp love the covered bowls for your chowder ...the blue stemware, the braided placemats (doubled) & napkin pattern. Adorable place setting plates & stars!

And the pie, OMgosh, scruptious (sp?)! Never have seen a cherry pitter like that one. TFS, kathleen! Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Jeanne! You are so kind!
    Yes, I am very grateful to be retired in such a beautiful place. Being able to walk to the bay is a blessing, well, maybe not in winter! :)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Kathleen, these are the tables I was trying to comment on...with no luck.
    I hope the problem has cleared up since then.

What a wonderful way to commemorate Memorial Day
    with your lovely tables of colorful linens and pretty dishes.
    Your tables are always 'winners' in my book!

May God Bless ALL those who served and are serving now, for their sacrifices to keep us safe...

Jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Your table is just lovely and honors our military so well.

Memorial Day always makes me feel a bit teary and emotional. I will keep your Capt Myers in my prayers. I hate he's returning for a THIRD time, and with a new baby.
    One tour in Afghanistan or Iraq is more than enough IMO.
    Actually none...I want all our troops home.

I'm glad winter finally ended for you, and now you can enjoy your beautiful gardens and the beach. Wish I was there, LOL.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kathleen, beautiful table and tribute for Memorial Day. You put so much into this post and I hope you know how much we enjoy you sharing all of it. I will be praying for all in need.

Your pie looks wonderful!

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Kathleen, Your table is lovely, as usual.
    I'm sorry your friend is being deployed again.
    I'll keep him and his family in my prayers.

You live in such a beautiful area!!

The pie looks fantastic!!
    NanaK

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

I looked yesterday but didn't get back over here to comment. As always, your table looks so pretty and inviting, and I also loved seeing your pretty flowers are already starting to bloom. You have the most gorgeous hydrangeas. We are so blessed that we have such dedicated military men like your friend--doing above and beyond what is expected. Really have to thank his family for being so supportive and carrying on at home while he is deployed too. God bless them all.

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Jane, Karen, Punk, Nana and Luvs for taking the time to look and leave a comment.
    Where are all the Holidayers? Seems like there are very few of us left from a few years ago!

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
More Discussions