Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

May Birthday Table

nana2010_gw
12 years ago

Happy Birthday to any of my friends here who celebrate a birthday in May! We have three in our family.

I was lucky to find these milk glass dishes at a thrift store.I looked at them for several weeks and bought them when they were reduced to $20 for service for six. I bought the candlesticks too but they weren't quite as good a deal as the dishes. I love milk glass, but this is the first time I bought any. The silver chargers are trays from Dollar Tree. The flatware belonged to my DM and is from the 1960's. My DD and I went to 5 different places looking for Lilly of the Valley. We finally found them at Michaels. The appliques I used on the stemware are from Michaels also. We found these guest towels at Party City and used them as a runner and placemats. Since Emeralds are out of my price range right now. I used the glittered scrap booking paper for some SPARKLE! Both sets of stemware were TS finds also. some tables seem to put themselves together, this was one of them. I didn't have a clear idea would look like, only that it needed Lilly of the Valley and Emeralds.

thanks for Looking.

NanaK

PS Happy Birthday Matthew, Tierney, and Gilmore

I wanted to use natural light but it's been so gloomy that I used indoor lighting also.

Comments (9)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Very pretty, Nana. I'm glad you those dishes and at a good price I think. The dark green really sets them off. The placemats and runner are perfect too.
    You 'needed' those candlesticks! I've always loved milk glass tho never collected it. (I have just one one flower bowl that was my Mom's (or her mother's, I can't remember).

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, so pretty, nana...& lovin' the 'Lily of the Valley' theme here! Soon I will have some blooming! The centerpc & guest towels are perfect w/your new 'old' dishes...good buy! & the candlesticks, too!

I love these b'day t'scapes you share! And the glittered Emeralds (scrappin' paper) is certainly thinking outside the box! Pretty table! TFS! Jeanne S.

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Nana, your birthday table is beautiful! The birthday tablescapes are a really nice idea.
    Marylee

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Nana, this is a wonderful birthday table. The Lily of the Valley appliques on the stemware are a perfect touch.
    Your colors and layering are spot on! I especially like the green stemmed sherbet? glasses on your plates. The milk glass goes so well with the flowers.

I agree that the birthday tables are a great idea.

TFS,
    Candy

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

Wow! I love those dishes, and the candle sticks. What a deal. I do collect milk glass (Doric by Westmoreland) but I do not have any dishes, just decorative pieces. I'm loving the lily of the valley theme too, it looks great even without the emeralds. Your birthday tables are not only creative, but very practical also.
    Frou

• caroleena
    12 years ago

i hang out in Garden Junk but browsing through here and I have to comment. your table scape is beautiful. i have some of those same glasses with the green base given to me about 25 years ago by a friend from Germany. they compliment your milk glass well.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, your May BDay table is so pretty. Love all the white dishes and candle holders you bought. Your guest towels are so neat you found for this table. Your DM's flatware is wonderful and it's great your using it. So glad you found the appliques for your stems.

You are keeping this forum active with all your neat tables and that's super.

Punk

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Nana...another lovely 'Birthday Table' from you.
    Your Milk Glass dishes (great price) and candlesticks look so pretty. Your Lily of the Vally CP is beautiful...so real looking. I love your guest towl placemat/runners and how you used the appliques on the glasses!.
    I must say - You did 'May Birthday Babies' proud!!
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for your wonderful comments.
    You are right Karen I did 'need' the candlesticks. I try to be thrifty when buying things for these tables. Sometimes when I see something that will work I might pay a little more.

Jeanne, The Lily of the Valley hasn't bloomed here yet either. It is one of my favorite flowers [along with lilacs] I'm sorry it doesn't bloom longer. I had the scrapbooking paper left over from the crown I made for my Mardi Gras table I'm glad I remembered that I had it.

Marylee, Thank you, the idea for these tables came about when my DD asked to do one for her BD back in Jan.

Candy, I love stems with the green bottoms too. When I saw them they wanted to come home with me. They are a little small for sherbets, I think, but I like the way they look on the plates.

Thank you Frou, I hope Milk Glass doesn't become another addiction for me.

Welcome Caroleena, and Thank you I hope you will come back and join us. I have never seen anything like those stems before. When I saw them I had to have them.

Punk, my DD found the appliques She had the biggest smile on her face when she showed them to me. She shops with me frequently because I don't like driving in heavy traffic. I guess you could say she is an enabler too. LOL

Jane, The dishes are pretty aren't they? I try to find place settings for two for my tables since storage is at a premium. These are so pretty and the price was right. I was happy to find those guest towels. I hoped to find a TC with a Lily of the Valley pattern, but no luck. I will probably find one now that I'm not looking for one.

Thank You all again
    NanaK

Sponsored
More Discussions