Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Cinco de Mayo Table

nana2010_gw
12 years ago

When I decided to do a Cinco de Mayo table I was happy to have mostly everything I needed. I bought these dishes last spring, just because. I hadn't found Enablers R Us yet. They are by Sango and the pattern is "The Sweet Shop". Each piece has a different design but they all coordinate. I didn't have enough place mats for four settings, so I did two. I had a hard time choosing which ones to use. I found the Table Cloth at a TS. Aren't the colors great? The best part is that it goes well in my dining room.

I got the Margarita glasses at Big Lots I love the curvy stems. As you can see I used pineapple soda for the Margaitas [I DID SO]

NanaK

Comments (10)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Oh this table is just wonderful and SO COLORFUL.
    I love the pretty patterns on these dishes.
    I can see So Many colors being 'pulled' from them for a different look each time.
    Fabulous find with that tablecloth. I think
    it goes perfectly and I love how you used the placemats to set the plates off on it.
    Both sets of glasses look great. 'Pineapple Juice' works for me!
    I also like your CP and the color vase you chose - it pops against your flowers.

jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

What a FUN table.
    The dishes were a wonderful find and I love the colors and the patterns. They go great with the tablecloth and the pineapple soda sounds delish.

It just makes me happy to look at it.

TFS,
    Candy

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

You've go two of my favorite things going on, a beautiful tablescape and margaritas. I love the tablecloth and the dishes. I've got those same glasses and the dishes to go with them also, but have'nt used them yet. Fantastic job!
    Frou

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, I love that curly stems pic...& that bottle of pineapple soda! (sound tasty)...& the bkgrd of your beautiful t'cloth! This t'scape is so bright & cheery!!! Love what you chose to pull it all tog. Are you a 'quilter,' nana? The dishes remind me of my Mom choosing fabrics for quilts (thanks for the memory)
    Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, what a pretty table. Your dishes are neat with all the different patterns. Like Jeanne, they remind me of a quilt pattern. The tc was a great find and so pretty. Your placemats are the perfect choice with the dishes and tc.

I've never heard of pineapple soda but it looks great in your salt rimmed Margarita glasses with the fancy stems. I have a set of these glasses I painted roses on for one of my tables last year.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I hadn't heard of pineapple soda either, now I want to find some and try it. See what you started, LOL.

That's a very happy table with all the bright colors. I think the yellow placemats are a perfect base for the dishes too.

Nice job, NanaK.
    hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Such a festive and colorful table Nana! Love all of your accessories and the tablecloth is beautiful!

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Your dishes were a great find and I love that you can mix and match them all. Great find on the tc too! I really like those striped glasses, they have all the colors in them too. Very happy, fun looking table--forget the pineapple juice, I'll take the margarita! LOL

Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Everyone.
    Jane you are right about the dishes looking different with other colors. I tried a turquoise tc and a gold one and the dishes looked different with each of them.

Candy, This table makes me happy looking at it too.

Frou, I didn't have the ingredients for Margaritas that's why I used Pineapple soda. I rimmed the glasses with raw sugar.

Jeanne, I'm not a quilter, you are right the pattern on the dishes do look like quilt pieces. They really are fun.

Karen, I haven't had pineapple soda before either. It was different than I expected, but good. Seems as tho I'm always starting something, remember the Easter Village? LOL

Marlene, I'm glad you enjoyed my table. Thank you

Punk, I love the swirly stems on these glasses, they were the only things I had to buy for this for this table. I would love to see yours with the roses you painted on them.

Luvs, The striped glasses came from Dollar Tree, I used them on my Mardi Gra table. Margaritas sound good, yum.

I thought I would see other Cinco de Mayo tables here. I did see some great ones on Tablescape Thursday. I love seeing what other people do.

My DS will be here tonight so I'm going to make Tacos or something Mexican inspired. I used to do ethnic or regional dinners [am I making sense?] for holidays Cinco de Mayo etc. for my DH and me just to keep things from getting boring.
    Thanks again everyone for your wonderful comments.
    NanaK

• valleymagpie
    12 years ago

Nana,

Your table is SO different from 'Frou's, and yet equally colorful and cheerful! It's really all about the colors, isn't it? I love your striped tumblers.

- Magpie

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert
More Discussions