Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

A Garden Party

maximavswife
12 years ago

Although it is cool, gray and gloomy here in Denver I decided to set up a table for a garden party.

I started with the same tablecloth used for St. Pat's day. The place mats are from DT. Green plates were clearanced at Walmart last fall. The salad plates I fell in love with at HL and waited until they went on sale for 50% off. Each one has a different seed packet pictured. The butterfly bowls are from Michael's. Napkins and napkin rings are from Kohl's. I used mason jars for iced tea glasses. The favors at each place setting are little potted daises from Michael's with a packet of flower seeds for each guest to take home with them. The centerpiece includes candle stands purchased on clearance from Pier 1 and a little tin watering can filled with faux flowers. The watering can salt and pepper shakers are the only item I paid full price for. They are from HG and there was no way I was leaving the store without them LOL.

I have tomorrow off from work and am hoping for sunny skies and warmer temperatures!! I am over having to put on a winter coat in mid May!

Kath

Comments (8)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kath, your new plates are darling. Love the watering cans, guest favors, napkin rings, candle holders, butterfly dishes, flatware and everything! Mason jars work great for drinks at your garden party table.

I agree it's time to get rid of the winter coat...

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Ahhhh, so refreshing, Maxi! I want to get rid of the winter coat, too...but now they're saying it may FREEZE tonight...supposed to be safe here on May 15th date...hope they're wrong...I covered & brought in alot of potted plants ...ugh! My Lilacs are lovely right now, too! No frost, no frost, no frost! (35 is forecast)

Anyway, I also purchased one of your salad plates awhile back when they were 50% off plus a square smaller one in the same Mammoth Pink Rose pattern...they are so PRETTY! So I am lovin' your garden party t'scape!

Those butterfly bowls are so "fitting" on your table! And the canning jars for glasses, too...love that! What a cool idea to put seed pkts as favors w/faux flowers! Such a bright & cheery table!! That watering can has been a fav of mine on this forum, too! Great choice for your garden party! And I wouldn't have gone home either w/o those S&P shakers! LOL!

TFS, maxi! Makes me smile! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Oh this is such a lovely sight on such a Dreary Day.
    We've been having an awful Spring too...warm/cold/partly sunny/Rain...Rain...Rain!
    So looking at your 'Springy' table is so uplifting.
    Love the 'Garden Party' theme and all the cute accessories. Those ruffled Walmart dishes and the pretty floral ones look very nice together.
    I like your little potted flowers & Seed Packets as favors and the Watering Can CP with matching S&Ps...are a cute touch. Your Pier 1 Candle holders are very pretty..and very different.
    Actualy everything on your table is so pretty..
    I'd look out for Jeanne if she every came for a visit...especially if she brings a LARGE Shoulder Bag!!

jane

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

What a cute Garden Party table! I agree with Jane it is a lovely sight on such a Dreary Day. We haven't had very many nice days here either. (Rain, Rain GO AWAY]
    Your table makes the SUN SHINE! The table cloth is the perfect choice. Love the watering can S@P shakers and CP. The salad plates are adorable and go so well with the butterfly bowls and napkin rings.
    Thanks Kath, Your table made my day.
    NanaK

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Cute, cute, cute! Love the garden party theme! Your garden plates are so pretty....love the butterfly bowls, the centerpiece, the seed packets, etc. Just a really pretty table!

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Kath, I am more than impressed !What a cute garden party table. Love the little watering can S/Ps and the cp made in the watering can. You have me green with envy over the dishes. I will be on the search for some of those. Your butterfly NR are so sweet and I remembered that I found some butterfly shower curtain hangers that I thought would make cute NRs with a little modifacation to the hooks, if I can just remember where I stashed them .Janet

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

DITTO on what everyone else has said. Your table is just delightful. I REALLY like those salad plates. I'd like to find just one or two to display for this time of year.
    They are so pretty. (great Candy-Shot too)

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

What a pretty table. I need those poppy hurricanes as I have some pretty poppy dishes I found that they would match perfectly! You layered everything so well and the spring touches like the watering cans, butterflys, and flower seeds are just the right touch.

Should I wear my large hat and gloves to the party? LOL

TFS,
    Candy

Sponsored
More Discussions