Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Cinco de Mayo Table

nana2010_gw
11 years ago

This table didn't quite come out the way I pictured it, but it is bright and colorful.

From 2012-05-04 (by Eye-Fi)

The tablecloth is the finest vynl that DG has to offer.

The blue plates and striped goblets are from Dollar tree last year.

I've had the placemats and orange napkins for a long time.

The burro and chip & dip plate are from a thrift store.

the napkin rings are just sunflowers attached to hair ties.

And the flatware is from Walmart.

From From

TFL

Nana

Comments (11)

• maximavswife
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness Nana! This is lovely! I can't imagine what you had pictured because this is perfect! I love the sombero place card holders. And the napkin rings are just right! Your tablecloth sets everything off (and I use vinyl cloths too!). The fringe on the napkins add to the festive theme. I wish I could find a chip and dip set like yours at the thrift store. Your centerpiece items are perfect too! Thanks for sharing it all with us!
    Kath

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Nana, what a beautiful table. So cheery and bright with the tc, napkins and flowers. Love your dishes, little figurines, sombero's and linnenes. The burro and chip & dip plate were perfect finds for this table.

Looks like your cp pitcher and sombero hat rims match! So glad your here sharing with us.

Punk

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Well, this is more colorful than a Crayola box! Love it, nana! I am esp lovin' your centerpc...the chip & dip plate, the burrow & those cute sombero people! That pitcher that you chose filled w/flowers looks like it matches the placecard somberos!

Your yellow placemats coordinate so good w/the sunflowers or vice versa & I love the fringed orange napkins! Striped t'cloth & striped glassware ...yes, FIESTA time! Everything looks ready! TFS, nana! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kath, Punk and Jeanne. Thank you for your wonderful comments.

Kath, I was hoping to find some maracas and maybe some chili peppers for this table.
    The chip and dip plate was a lucky find.
    I crocheted the little sombreros, I was going to use them for napkin rings, but I liked the sunflowers more.

Punk, the trim on the sombreros is actually red white and green variegated yarn. It does look like it matches the pitcher.

Jeanne, this table is more colorful than a box of crayolas,
    isn't it? Cinco de Mayo is such a festive and colorful Holiday.

TFLookin
    Nana

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

It sure looks festive and perfect to me, Nana. I love your burro and sombreo people! Just the perfect thing for this table. All the wonderful colors in your tc and all just say "celebrate". Great job! Luvs

• kathleen_li
    11 years ago

Very festive and colorful! Love that little burro, so cute!
    What would we do without the dollar store, lol! Save lots of dollars! And to think I had never been in one till I started posting here so many years ago!

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Well I see I'm really late for this one...any
    Margaretas left?
    Nana this table is so festive looking. Your tablecloth is
    certainly the perfect backdrop with all its bright colors.
    Cute burro and sombreo people and I love how you added the
    flowers to your napkins.
    Lovely job!
    jane

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Soo cute and festive!!
    Somehow I had missed seeing/commenting on this wonderful table.
    Your accents are so on target, the sombrero place cards are just the cutest!!
    Your striped tablecloth and glassware seem like they were made for each other.
    You have an excuse to keep shopping the thrift stores looking for your maracas and chili peppers for next year, LOL!!
    The stems on your Margarita glasses are just as fun as the rest of the table.

TFS,
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, Jane and Candy.
    Candy you can be sure I'll find maracas and or chili peppers now that Cinco de mayo is over LOL.
    Nana

• janet1_2007
    11 years ago

Nana, I am sorry that I"m so behind, I tried to post last night, thought it went through, but it didn't. Guess what? Earlier tonight, I tried again and it still didn't go. Hopefully the 3rd time will be the charm.
    I love your table, the linens are so good, the flower napkin ring gorgous; the little burro and the sombros are the finishing touch, and I can just imagine how pretty some corn chips and salsa would look in your chip&dip platter. Love it all, Of course you will find the chili peppers and maracas now that it is too late to use them this year, but think of all the fun you will have looking for them for next year. The hunt is half the fun; just don't so like I did with a St Patties wreath, forget about buying it until I found it getting my Easter stuff out and found it. Iy is perfect . even though you wanted more. TFS Janet

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Super cute, and colorful....I think its just right for Cinco de Mayo. And by the next one, I'm sure you'll find all the additions you wanted too.
    That donkey is adorable!

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions