Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

I LOVE Lilacs!!

christmascandy
12 years ago

Lilacs have always been one of my favs and then I found these dishes at ARC TS and had to buy them!!! I got a set of 6 pieces of each plate, cup, and bowl.

The chargers, dishes, teapot, placemats, tablecloth and napkins are all TS, the silverware is my everyday, the goblets were Gar.S, and the lilacs are from my garden!

The candles and candleholders were also TS finds.

The teapot isn't part of the set but it went really well with the dishes.

I love when the lilacs are blooming and always a bit sad when they are done!

It is quite chilly here today, 50, and supposed to have rain mixed with snow tonight, :( Spring in CO is such a schizophrenic time of year, 85 one day, 35 the next!!

Anyway, lovin the lilacs while they are here!!

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (17)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Same weather here in IA, candy!...ugh! 92 the other day...barely 50, windy & rain, today!

My lilacs are bloomin', too & I've been thinking of a table...but that's as far as I've gotten! What perfect plates, cup, bowls for your lilac table! WOW! I love 'em! And I love the color combo with the linens you've chosen & those pretty glasses! Everything looks so lovely w/your white wicker, too!

TFS...I can smell the lilacs...oh, maybe those are mine I'm smelling! Jeanne S.
    OK, let me in on your secret...how & where are you storing your dishes & everything???...cause I know you have been hooked this past yr!

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Candy. that is just soooooo pretty. I love lilacs too. My one little bush that I have here is just starting to bloom, but it is so small, I really hate to cut it. I have several different kinds, a French and a white among others at our mountain place, but they aren't blooming yet. You always do such pretty tables. Like Jeannie, I would like to know your storage secrets . I really would love to find a good storage solution,I"m trying to be more selective, but there are just so many TAS treasures that restraint is hard. TFS, Janet

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Candy...I love lilacs too and those dishes are just Georgeous! Your whole table setting is just so pretty and looks wonderful in your sunroom. I also love your 'everyday' flatware.
    Again, you blow me away with all your 'Coordinating' TS finds that work so perfectly together.
    jane

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Candy, your lilac table is gorgeous!
    Marylee

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

Gosh, those are beeeeee-u-ti-ful! Your ARC has the best stuff ever. And you sure know sure how to use it. Those are just spectacular, as well as your everyday silverware. Your linens are just the ticket also. My one little lilac has bloomed and faded and it is actually it is pretty cool here today to. DH played golf any way and I TS shopped and then worked in the yard.
    Frou

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy, your table is beautiful. Lovely colors of gr & purple together. Wonderful dishes you found and the teapot is perfect with them.

Your lilacs are way ahead of ours. Our lilacs are just budding here in MT. It hit 70 today here. I worked out in the yard all day and got a sunburn.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Candy, those dishes are so pretty and your lilacs are the perfect centerpiece to go with them. How neat that you found the candleholders and perfect purple candles too.

I found a lilac bush that is supposed to grow here in Calif. It's about three years old and up to my hips now, but has never had any blooms yet. I just keep watering it and hoping it will survive the hot summers. I remember the huge lilac bushes back in Mo., they were so gorgeous and smelled wonderful.

P.S. Jeanne, I have two holly hocks growing really good. When they get a little taller, I'll take a pic to share.

Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Candy, I love your Lilac table, it sings Spring!!
    Your Candy shot took my breath away.
    My Lilacs are blooming now, they smell like heaven.
    Luvs, I was told that it takes Lilac bushes seven years to bloom. I'm not sure if that's true but it does take a few years.
    NanaK

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Candy, those lilac plates are divine! The whole table is just so pretty!
    I was born in Spokane, WA which is known as the
    Lilac City! Lilacs are my favorite flower and scent. The are, however, something I have trouble growing! Disappoints me to no end! I will just have to come back to this post and visit yours :)
    Kath

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

candy ... since I've not done a t'scape (outside today)...I wanted to share a bouquet of Lilacs w/you & Holiday-ers! I LOVE LILACS, TOO! so I hope it's ok I bump into your post here...

Mine look most "pinky" than your beautiful lavendar ones...

Enjoy! I sure enjoyed your Lilac t'scape! Jeanne S.

luvs...great news on the Hollyhocks...if they don't bloom this first yr, don't worry...but plant some more seed.

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Jeanne, Love your Lilac arrangement. The boy and girl planters go with everything, don't they?
    NanaK

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, love your picture...as Nana said, so cute with your little b & g planter and the lace frame. I haven't bought one of these pink lilacs but after seeing your flowers, it could happen. Thanks.

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Like the rest of you...I love lilacs as well! I didn't get to smell mine this year since the frost burnt the blossoms. Our weather is still crazy too...rain, sunny, temps up and down! Your table is so elegant and lovely. Pretty dishes too! Thanks for letting me "smell" the lilacs on your table.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

My bouquet is really "lavendar," too...it's the lighting above the dining room table & evening that changed it to pink!

Ahhhh....so nice to smell the lilacs, ladies! Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

I love lilacs too, and that table is so beautiful! The dishes are so pretty!
    Candy, CTS is opening in Alabama. Maybe someday for you!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Candy, your table is incredibly beautiful. My favorite colors with the sage green and purple, and of course I love lilacs. I'll never see real ones in Phoenix so I envy all of you that actually have them in your yards and on your tables. Stunning centerpiece in my book.

I've looked at the photos several times, and am so in love with this table setting.
    hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jeanne, they are everywhere. Cabinets in the sunroom, garage, dining room, and most are on shelves in the basement.

Janet, I am going to HAVE to start being more selective! LOL Who knew there were so many divine dishes out there?

Jane, when you have enough "stuff" some of it is bound to coordinate, LOL

Marylee, thank you.

Frou, I have over 30 different TS's I visit as I travel all over from Fort Collins to Pueblo and even some in the mountains. It definitely increaes my odds!

Punk, it is chilly and supposed to get rain for this afternoon, tomorrow and into Fri. So far, May has not been conducive to working outside in the garden. All the flowers I have purchased are still in the sunroom waiting to be planted!

Luvs, I just heard about some lilac bushes called "Boomerang" that are supposed to grow well here and if they are deadheaded after blooming they will keep blooming all summer! I am definitely going to try to find some of those.

Nana, I think I love them so much because my grandparents had beautiful lilac bushes and I used to go visit them as a child as soon as school got out for the summer and theirs were always blooming and smelled so wonderful!!

Kath, I think we are in Washington right now based on the weather!

Jeanne, those are gorgeous!

Marlene, they did smell great!

Kathleen, I just drool when I see some of the bargains found at CTS! I sure wish they would come to CO!!

Karen, Bummer they won't grow in Phoenix! I had to buy those dishes when I found them!!

TTFN,
    Candy

Sponsored
More Discussions