Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Memorial Day Table

nana2010_gw
12 years ago

Candy really inspired me to do a table for Memorial day.

I found the placemats at Big Lots. I had the red and white plates and the blue bowls.

The red and blue stars are window gels. Napkins were a TS find several months ago

and I knew I wanted to use them on a Patriotic table.

I'm not sure if the napkin rings are poppies, but the colors are right I think.

The Patriotic Angel is from DG.

OOPS I didn't realize the red candle was dripping until the pictures were posted.

My Dad was awarded this Bronze Star during WWII while serving in Germany.

TFLOOKIN

NanaK

Comments (10)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

What a lovely way to honor your Dad with this table showing his bronze star! Bless him for serving, and all those who have, who are, and who will. Because of them, we are the greatest country in the world I think.

Your Patriotic Angel is wonderful! Now if she, you, and Candy could just kick my butt and get me motivated. LOL. This is the first year since joining the Forum I didn't decorate for Memorial Day (or Valentines, or St Paddy's).
    My Patriotic spirit is alive and well, my decorating spirit stinks. But seeing lovely tables like yours, Nana,
    is definitely uplifting!

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

nana...this is such a "Folk Art-sy" patriotic table! I am lovin' how the RW&B colors show thru your clear handled flatware! Unique!

I also like the RW&B placemats & dotted napkins...along w/USA flags & your repetition of 'stars!' But most of all I love the sharing of your Dad's metal & serving in WWII...my Dad also served in Germany in WWII.

A memorial t'scape for sure! TFS, nana! Jeanne S.

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

A very lovely and moving table! I love the angel and the silverware. God bless your father for his service.

Kath

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

nana...what a lovely tribute to your Dad and ALL who served and are serving now and for their Sacrifices to keep us safe...
    May God Bless Them ALL.
    Love your pretty Patriotic Angel, she's darling. I like the way you showcased her with the candles and flags.. and of course your Dad's Bronze Star...how special to have that. My Dad served in WW11 also...all of them boys.. so willing to go and fight for our country...all so brave.

Your placemats are such a nice backdrop for your plates and napkins ...and I like how you added the stars around your CP...all very nice to see on this special Holiday..
    Thanks for doing this..

jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Great table, but of course, the Bronze Star is the "star."
    Wonderful tribute to your Dad.
    The placemats are perfect as is your angel.
    My late DFIL was stationed out of Australia in WWII and came home on the Queen Mary.
    You sure put a lot of thought and effort into this table and it shows.
    TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, so happy to see you used your DD's Bronze Star he was awarded during WWII on your Memorial table. The whole table is so clean and bright looking. Beautiful site to lift one up on a rainy day.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Nana, I agree with everyone else's comments. You found just the perfect items for this table and it is so wonderful that you have your Dad's bronze star to build your design around. At first I thought your silverware had striped handles then realized it was the placemat showing through them. (Yes, I think I need to have my glasses changed!) LOL

Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank You Everyone for your wonderful comments. I thought the Angel was sweet when I saw her. I wasn't sure about the placemats. I was afraid they might be too 'cutesy' but I think they worked out.
    I wanted to honor my Dad and all the dedicated Men and Women who served or are serving our country in the military.
    As Jane said God Bless them all.
    I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend.
    NanaK

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Beautiful table setting...love the placemats!

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

What a wonderful tribute your your dad. Lovely table!

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions