Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

Happy Cinco De Mayo

maximavswife
11 years ago

Things have been a bit quiet around here! I hope everyone is well and just busy enjoying some beautiful weather? Last weekend I put together a table in honor of Cinco De Mayo.

Here is a link that might be useful: Happy Cinco De Mayo

Comments (13)

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

I have been MIA w/some volunteer work for the past month but I try to get on & comment ...am missing doing some tables/decor...soon, I hope! (my Easter chicks & bunnies are still out!) ;-) But the volunteer work has been worthwhile.

Oh maxi...that last pic is AWESOME! Love your GW figurines you found & also the cactus candles! This whole table is a 'celebration'...such bright, cheery colors! I love it! Those striped square salad plates over the large orange ones is perfect!!! The orange candles & white/washed candlesticks along w/the flowers create a festive mood here, too! TFS your table! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Kathe, this really is a festive table!.
    Using placemats highlights beautiful wood of your table.
    The little figurines ate soo cute.
    I love the striped plates you used with the orange ones, and the Mexican inspired design on the bread and butter plates.
    Thanks for sharing this delightful table.
    Nana

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Ole!!
    Fabulously festive and fun colors too!
    That cute couple is perfect for this table and your dinner sounds yummy!
    You have all the right touches, cactus, vibrant colors, tequila shots and margarita glasses.
    I'll be right over for a margarita, LOL. Make mine a frozen one please.

Been busy here trying to catch up from being gone over a week. Also, was quite sore for a few days following the big crash, the bruising was quite spectacular if I do say so myself, LOL.

I'd say cleaning up a bit of a mess is well worth Mr. B cooking your dinner.

Magnifico!

TFS,
    Candy

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

First off--Candy, did I miss a post? What big crash????

The other ladies have used all my words. Love your tablescape Kathe, so colorful and fun. You are so lucky to have a hubby who cooks--enjoy and praise him so he will be encouraged to do it more often! LOL

Luvs

• maximavswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Candy, I am on the same page as Luvs! Did I miss something? Are you okay??
    Kath

• kathleen_li
    11 years ago

Commented on your great table on your blog, OLE!

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Sorry, I had posted about the crash on Karen's surgery recovery thread.
    I had my 4 yr old DGS on my lap going down the zip line at my brother's place and the piece holding the tension on the line broke. We hit the ground pretty hard. Fortunately, I got the worst of it, but Cody's head hit the underside of my jaw and knocked my jaw slightly out of alignment. He had a headache, but seemed fine otherwise. My chin/jaw turned a lovely shade of purple, only outdone by the backs of my knees, where the seat hit them...purple/black/blue!!
    My dentist told me the jaw would move back when the swelling went down and it has, I can bite together on both side now. I also slid on my right shoulder and hit the back of my head on the ground, so I was majorly sore for a couple of days!! But Cody was still on my lap when we stopped...instinct kept me hanging on to him! I had some bruises on my arms, shoulder, legs, and jaw, so......
    I think I'm done with the zip line, LOL.

So thanks for asking, but I'm doing fine now.

TTFN,
    Candy

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Sorry, I had posted about the crash on Karen's surgery recovery thread.
    I had my 4 yr old DGS on my lap going down the zip line at my brother's place and the piece holding the tension on the line broke. We hit the ground pretty hard. Fortunately, I got the worst of it, but Cody's head hit the underside of my jaw and knocked my jaw slightly out of alignment. He had a headache, but seemed fine otherwise. My chin/jaw turned a lovely shade of purple, only outdone by the backs of my knees, where the seat hit them...purple/black/blue!!
    My dentist told me the jaw would move back when the swelling went down and it has, I can bite together on both side now. I also slid on my right shoulder and hit the back of my head on the ground, so I was majorly sore for a couple of days!! But Cody was still on my lap when we stopped...instinct kept me hanging on to him! I had some bruises on my arms, shoulder, legs, and jaw, so......
    I think I'm done with the zip line, LOL.

So thanks for asking, but I'm doing fine now.

TTFN,
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

WOW, Candy
    How scary! I'm glad you and Cody weren't seriously injured.
    Nana

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

I don't know how that posted twice??? It usually gives a message rejected if it tries to post a second time.

I frequently have issues trying to post, but it never has posted duplicates before.
    I truly wasn't trying for double sympathy, LOL

Candy

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Wow Kathe...you & Nana have sure 'livened' things up here with your festive tables!
    I love all the mixing of colors and textures and the layering of the striped square plates over the orange ones.
    Your GW figurines and cactus candles - shout Ole!!
    Sounds like your DH cooked a delicious dinner...Lucky you....does he rent out??

Candy...sorry to hear of your accident. That sounded so scary. I'm glad you and your DGS are okay.

jane

• janet1_2007
    11 years ago

Kathe, Can you see the green in my eyes. You have me droooling over:
    1) those lovely dishes and I mean all of them.
    2)Your centerpiece and all the decor
    3) a DH who likes Mexican food
    4) AND #4 is: A dh who cooks!

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Beautiful table, Kathe! I really, really like the square dishes and your entire arrangement.
    But I want a DH who cooks! Or at least likes Mex food.
    sigh.

Candy, I bet you look pretty in purple...its the later on greenish yellow that is usually kinda of awful. I am so glad Cody was saved by his grandma, but sorry you got beat up rather badly. Hope you are over all the aches and pains by now.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz
More Discussions