Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

OT--Tell us what you're up to this Spring and Summer

Marlene Kindred
10 years ago

Hi there everyone~

Seems that all of us have been or are MIA here. It's that way on most of the forums it seems. So, I thought I would start a thread so that we could pop in and post what we've been up to and let all of us know that you're okay and, if not, what we can do to help!

So, I'll start first. It just seems like the days slip by and I don't get nearly the things done that I hope to do. I'm still amazed at fast I get tired with my knee and now my tendonitis in my right wrist. I finished up working for the school year on May 17th, so now I'm home everyday til August. Yay!! I've been working some in my gardens, but for the past couple of days it's been unbearably hot and humid, but the weekend promises to be cooler. I've been taking inventory of all of my "yard junk" and wondering how I acquired so much and trying to decide on projects for the summer. DH and I bought another camper about two months ago, so we've been working on making it ours on the weekends as well. We've attended my nephew's college graduation and now, I finally feel like I can get started on things.....I just have to keep resting....and that drives me c-r-a-z-y!! Oh well...forward march!!

So, what are you girls/guys up to??

Comments (5)

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

I'll be busy getting ready for my youngest DD's wedding June2

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Busy ...busy ...& the days just fly by!
    We volunteer a bit @community gardens in our small town nearby ...but even the rains have kept that to a minimum.

Cannot believe I do not even have all of my veggie garden in ...but over half ...so that is good ... a different Spring this yr than last. Some gardens have not been touched yet ... but I'm plugging away & I love it! Hoping for some good weather again soon ... last week we had some great days ...now wind, rain & cold again this Memorial weekend. Am glad I am not camping!

Like you, Marlene ... 'rest, rest, rest' ... but ...remember, you still can do what you like! (drives me crazy 'still' after 7 yrs) ... but still 'doing!' So I'll take it! ;-) hugs, Jeanne s.

• luvstocraft
    10 years ago

I too have been just "plugging" away at keeping up with things. I found an old green box on legs at a flea market type store and planted a couple tomatoes in it. Then I planted two more tomatoes, two pepper plants and a cucumber plant at the side of my shed. Not sure I have any "green" in my thumbs at all, but I feel best when puttering outside with stuff. I've spent lots of time with friends, going to breakfast or lunch or maybe a bit of "treasure shopping" for the fun of it. Even went on my first "senior" bus trip which was very nice. Just pay your money and sit back and leave the driving, parking, tips, gas cost, etc. etc. to them! I don't like my life without DH in it, but I know I have no choice so am trying to find my way and to develop some interest in things again. I stop by here to read, but just haven't had anything worthwhile to share. I love you all and hope you know you are all special ladies. Hugs, Luvs

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Hugs to you, luvs ... Good for you !! ... you keep on ...keepin' on ...you are trying & moving forward. You are one of our 'special ladies' you mentioned here. ;-) Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Good for you Luvs! I'm glad you are keeping busy and doing things you enjoy.
    Nana

Sponsored
More Discussions