Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_li

The First Communion Celebration

kathleen_li
11 years ago

Last week I was busy preparing for my gson's

First Communion, Thought I would share the centerpieces, goody bags and 36 loaves of breads I baked, wrapped and tagged as guest take homes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Celebration

Comments (7)

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

What a super GMA to do all that work for your DGS. I'd like a loaf of each please!!! The CP's were gorgeous.

Sounds like a beautiful day even if the weather did not cooperate.

Congratulations to Michael and kudos to you for a job well done.

Candy

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Congrats to your gr'son & family! Precious time of life ...beautiful photos!

What a great idea using those hanging potted plants for centerpcs & adding a little bling to them! Nice gifts!

Everything just looks fantastic, Kathleen...the candy bags for the kids & even thinking of those w/braces! ;-)

I am in awe of your baked bread choices! Wow! 36 loaves!!! I bet you were wishing you could take a loaf & it would 'multiply,' uh! Such a special day! TFS it! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

God bless your DGS. First Holy Communion is such an important event in his young life!
    Gosh Kathleen you sure were busy!! The breads sound wonderful, I can almost smell them from here.
    Do you have more than one oven?
    Nana

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Kathleen, so glad you shared this special day for Michael with us. You really know how to do things up right! Sounds like alot of work for you but I'm sure you and everyone else had a great time. Games, painting and goodies bags for the children.WOW

Such a beautiful celebration for Michael to remember. I never had lemon bread. Sounds wonderful.

Punk

• janet1_2007
    11 years ago

What a wonderful celebration, and such a handsum GS. I know you must be very proud of him. Everything looks beautiful, the flowers, the bread, the treat bags. You have been one busy GM. I would have never thought of putting the bsby's breath in the hanging baskets, but it is perfect. The kids all dressed up for their first communion are so precious. Thanks for sharing this special day with us. Janet

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much dear ladies! Sorry I didn't get back sooner!
    This time of year is very busy and I am getting slower getting all the planting and outdoor work done!

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Well I guess I missed this one!
    Glad I got to see it now though.
    I love seeing children dressed all up for their
    communions..so angelic!
    You really outdid yourself with so many thoughtful touches.
    Love the floral arrangements and take home breads - even
    the Goodie Bags for the kids...you thought of everything!
    What a wonderful DGM.
    I'm sure they'll always remember the wonderful things you did to make ea occasion special.
    jane

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler
More Discussions