Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Off topic ... Good news from last night

jeannespines
9 years ago

I posted this on Facebook last nite ... after a year of fighting Ovarian cancer I rec'd a phone call last nite from my Iowa City doctor's office (I had been there on Mon & was awaiting the news). I know some of you have been following my progress & I just want to thank you for your good thoughts & Prayers! ~~hugs, Jeanne S.

"Just received the phone call from Iowa City I've been waiting for since our appointment on Mon. The cat scan that was re-read by my doctor & radiologists in Iowa City concludes that the CT does not show any "residual disease!!!" What that means is there doesn't appear to be any cancer cells that remain after attempts to remove cancer has been made). The ARNP (on the phone) cautioned me that it is always possible there could be some small cells that the CT wouldn't show ... BUT, I am ecstatic! I am a free woman for 3 mos!! I will see my local cancer dr here in July & not go back to Iowa City until the first part of Aug. I am thanking God ... my family & friends for holding me up this past year. ~~hugs"

Now I can work on getting stronger again ~~ & enjoy the summer days ahead! Jeanne S.

This post was edited by jeannespines on Fri, May 9, 14 at 19:52

Comments (14)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    9 years ago

âÂÂHopeâ is the thing with feathers -

That perches in the soul -

And sings the tune without the words -

And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -

And sore must be the storm -

That could abash the little Bird

That kept so many warm -

IâÂÂve heard it in the chillest land -

And on the strangest Sea -

Yet - never - in Extremity,

It asked a crumb - of me.

by Emily Dickinson

This post was edited by jeannespines on Fri, May 9, 14 at 19:54

• maggiemuffin360
    9 years ago

Wonderful news, Jeanne!

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Jeanne, so wonderfulto hear your great news!!! Prayers you will get your stength back now. Your faith has come through for you at a perfect time!

So happy for all of you. Beautiful picture of you four.TFS punk

• nana2010_gw
    9 years ago

Wonderful news Jeanne!!!
    I'm sure you will continue to get your strength back now that the burden has been lifted from your shoulders
    You have been so brave through this ordeal.
    I am remembering you in my prayers.

I love that picture too

Nana

• marylee_2010
    9 years ago

Wonderful, wonderful news, Jeanne. Have a beautiful Mother's Day and God Bless. Marylee

• christmascandy
    9 years ago

Fabulous news!! Great picture of you all.
    Keep up the great attitude and continue to regain your strength.

Have a blessed Mother's Day!

Hugs,
    Candy

• User
    9 years ago

Great news! God bless you.

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

Jeanne,even tho I responded on FB...I'll do so again here.
    So happy for you and your family...Prayers are powerful and working
    In your favor. Rest up....gain back your strength and Have A Wonderful Mother's Day !
    jsne

• Purplemoon
    9 years ago

As you know, Jeanne, you had me crying and doing the Happy Dance all at the same time. And I can't begin to tell you how much your courage and strength through-out this terrible ordeal has touched me. You are so inspiring, and show there is light even in the darkest storm of one's life. I admire you more than you'll ever
    know.
    love and hugs,
    Karen

• oldalgebra
    9 years ago

Ah! God bless you and all the women who have had to fight this terrible disease. I'm so happy for you.

• kathleen_li
    9 years ago

Jeanne, I am so happy to hear this. I keep you in my daily prayers. My very good friend is celebrating 11 years since being diagnosed with stage 4 O C. She is enjoying life to the fullest.
    God bless you!

• nonacook
    9 years ago

I am glad to hear your wonderful news....
    Prayers do work!
    Hope you will be going strong soon.

• oldalgebra
    9 years ago

âÂÂAnd once the storm is over, you wonâÂÂt remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You wonâÂÂt even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you wonâÂÂt be the same person who walked in."

• Bright199
    9 years ago

That's fantastic! God answers prayers.

Sponsored
More Discussions