Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Holiday & Tablescape Garage Sale Finds! (pic heavy)

jeannespines
12 years ago

On Fri. DH & I hit a wonderful church sale nearby & also a few town-wide sales in a small town closeby. I could have gone WAY, WAY dish crazy (& Christmas crazy) at the church sale ...but I tried to limit myself...came home w/2 boxes...here's some pics:

Santa! Bargains galore! This Old World Santa ($1) is labeled on the bottom as a a Tony Costanza pc ... "uses simple tools, watercolors & a little Christmas magic to turn plain wood into folk-art figures." I want to use him in a window box type vignette...he's 15" tall:

This little girl angel reminded me of slinkey jane's cloches during the Christmas holidays ...I couldn't pass her up for 50 cts! Pic a bit blurry:

Here's the other Santa (ceramic) centerpc...he would be wonderful in a windowbox vignette, too! $3.00 for him & these cute little "toymaker" Elves called to me! (3 for $1)...esp the elf reading the book! These are labeled "HOMCO made in Taiwan" More "cloche" items! LOL at 'Enabler's R Us!' syndrome!

And here's a precious Santa w/signature of K. Rose on the bottom...4" tall & looks hand-painted...resin material ...& he cost me a nickel! Great cloche item!

This acrylic angel girl cost $1.50 ... she may go in the middle of my DR table next yr w/iron candleholder w/mercury glass vases...she has gold tones to her:

The red bag behind her is a metallic vinyl of some sort...bought it for a gift bag for 25 cts. Now onto the t'scaping items:

Four glass sweetcorn plates (50 cts. ea), 4 etched heavy, heavy glasses w/pale green bottoms (75 cts. ea)...thought they would be great glasses w/my Gabriel pottery placesettings! (but they may really be vases, they're so heavy!)

But best of all, I found one of those butter dishes like Kathleen has (at least it looks like it may be one) ... Dollbaby will have a apothecary jar! & also a glass flower vase? (25 cts)...here's a closeup view:

And this pottery vase (50 cts), resin bird (50 cts), metal duck garden stake (25 cts)...bargains $$$ galore!

Ok, purplemoon, I made the cheering squad, I hope! Time to get outdoors! LOL! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (13)

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Jeanne, you lucky, lucky lady, boy did you make a haul. The carved Santa should have your name written on it, it fits you. I really like the ceramic Santa, he's gorgeous. I have a couple of those toy making elves, too cute. Those glass/vases? are beautiful, they can be whatever you want them to be. I have the corn dishes too, somewhere, hmmmmm... That little cloche was a real find, I've always envied Kathleen's. Looks like y'all had a great day.
    Frou

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Okay...where to begin..
    Since I'm a sucker for Santas..love the size and details on BOTH of yours. I bet you're looking forward to using them already! The little angel girl is so sweet and yes, she'll look great in a cloche as will the little resin Santa. I like the Acrylic Angel..and look forward to seeing her in a Vignette.
    Your glass items are really neat. The only difference between your butter dish and Kathleen's is the little etched design..AND the price! I know even CTS doesn't sell them for what you paid.
    That glass flower vase is so different. I'd love to see a pic when you use it.
    Also love the pottery vase and bird..both very nice.
    You did very well on everything Jeanne...
    I think I hear 'humming' from here!
    I also think Karen should give you an A+...lol

jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Wow, great finds.
    My favs are the K Rose santa and the butter dish, but the rest is super as well.
    You really did score! Rah Rah Rah!!

TFS,
    Candy

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Wow, you did well! Your butter cloche is prettier than the ones I have, mine are plain.
    Good for you J, you found lots of goodies for not so much $$!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here's the candleholder I was talking about from Winter decor...where I thought the angel may work...will have to see:

Here's the angel...the base was a little bit big to sit in the middle but I could work it out some way & add the greenery above:

And this is the cloche that I purchased some time back at Hobby Lobby for 50% off...here's the Girl Angel w/flash so you can see her good...a bit bright tho:

Here's that "nickle" Santa ...such detailed painting:

Thanks, holiday-ers! (you 'Enablers R Us!') Jeanne S.

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

That is one great Old World Santa. You really did good on everything you found. Your candle stand will really set you little angel off just perfect and your cloche is darling. I went to a couple of ts's this weekend, but tried to refrain from bying much Christmas, although I did find 2 desert compotes and a mug that matched some I already had, oh and I did buy one green piller candle still in the wrapper. I found some fall/ halloween pieces, a straw? pumpkin like I had admired in one of somebodies vignete(don't remember whose) and a little scarecrow centerpiece that had a little wheelbarrow and pumpkins and fall leaves for !$1. Sure enjoy all your pics and esp Baby doll. TFS, Janet

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

OMGosh, Jeanne, you really hit a jackpot....I think you just gave Candy a run for her Bargain Queen title. LOL.
    At least for one round.
    So MANY wonderful things that I hardly know where to start.
    But the big Santa in the first photo really is fabulous. I'd have gladly paid a LOT more for him.
    The little Elf reading the book is just darling, and perfect for you. But all the elves are cute and the little fairy girl too. I'm so glad Dollbaby now has her very own cloche. You'll have to find her some miniatures to put in it.
    I have to applaud your restraint, coming home with only two boxes. I shudder to think of the load I'd have bought,
    and no place to put any of it. The only restraint I have is to NOT GO shopping in the first place. LOL.

You did good, Girl. And should be grinning all week over it.
    hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

So glad you got out for some shopping fun Jeanne--looks like you made up for all that lost time while you were sick! My fav is that sweet little angel, so cute! Everything is so neat and I agree, that first Santa was made for you. Gosh, you found the corn dishes just in time to get to enjoy them with some fresh spring corn on the cob--yummy! I think the church sales are just the best for prices, always nice if you can go the first day to get your pick of things, AND the last day for the rock bottom, almost giveaway prices too! ;o)

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

BTW, Jeanne, you know the Costanza Santas sell on eBay for $45 and UP. You really scored big on yours.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, Karen...I Googled & found some of his work...on the bottom (original paper attached) said it was #269 of 5000 ...so I thought it must have some value but it said, "made in China." I just LOVED it when I saw the Santa & knew he was perfect & coming home w/me.

Last yr I remember lynninnewmexico's "chalk" Old World Santa ...& after Christmas this yr, I bought one on sale at a specialty shop but it was still pricey...I wanted to make a window box vignette with it. But this Costanza Santa would be MORE than perfect used in a windowbox! Thanks!

And, thanks, "Holiday-ers" for your comments...sounds like you did good, too, janet! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, sweeeet finds! Love all of it. Sounds like you had alot of fun and found some super buys. A+ on this shopping trip for sure.

BTW, your butter dish is one of the Cystal Individual Butter Dishes by Princess House. I've used mine on some of my tables. I paid full price for mine years ago and .50 is a real deal for one.

Punk

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Well Jeanne....I'll just add my WOOHOO to everyone else's. You really did hit the jackpot! Love all of your treasures..the Santas, the little girl angel is adorable and the little elves too. All of your dishes, glassware, etc. are going to look great as well...way to go!

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Jeanne you really lucked out! I think my favorite is the little girl Angel. She looks so cute in the cloche, but so does Santa.
    NanaK

Sponsored
More Discussions