Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Mother's Day/Tulip Table

christmascandy
11 years ago

I combined the 2 concepts into one table for Mother's Day.

I used the pastel tulip china I bought last year, with some tulip cups from GdWl this year holding silk tulips.

The light blue tablecloth, napkins, napkin rings, china, pink chargers, and silver candleholder are all TS.

The silveware is heirloom, the glasses are from Home Goods.

The silk butterflies are from Michael's.

The glass bread and butter dishes are also TS.

The china has pastel tulips on it and the different colored cups look like tulips so it it doing dual duty as a Mother's Day and Tulip Day table.

Happy Mother's Day,

Candy

Comments (8)

• janet1_2007
    11 years ago

Candy, what a great Mother's Day/ Tulip Day table. The pink and light blue work so well together. I love your candlearbra, one of those is on my "to find" list when I"m out thrifting. My DD bought me a pink depression glass candy compote today that she found at a GS, but when she gave it to me she said you tell the boys when you are through with it, I get it back. I told her I didn't think she would have to fight her brothers for any of my dishes or cooking utensils unles they were cast iron or graniteware. She said she thought about my tablescaping when she saw the compote. Maybe I am training her right,huh? Janet

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Oh the pastel pinks & blues ...& then the touch of silver & candlelight...so lovely! Those tulip cups are perfect with the tulip china! Love the addition of the butterflies flitting around the candles, too. So pretty, candy! TFS! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Only you could find pretty pink chargers at the ts! You are such a good "treasure shopper"! I like how you set the candleholder on the tray--double the impact. It all looks lovely. Luvs

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Janet, I'd say you are definitely training her right.
    I see lots of candleabras when I am thrifting, but sometimes they want more for them than when they are new!

Jeanne, the colors in the china dictated the colors I used for the table. I bought the butterflies at Michael's when they were on sale. I knew I would use them for something and there are small butterflies on the china.

Luvs, I was quite excited to find those chargers at GdWl last yr, and with my senior discount they were .85 each.
    I wanted to elevate the candleabra, so setting it on the tray on top of a large round candleholder did the trick.

My DD's took my Mom and me to a Mother's Day tea yesterday and I took my Mom out for lunch today and then we spent the afternoon shopping. We all had a great time both days.

Thanks ladies,
    I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day.
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Candy, thank you for sharing this special table. It is perfect in every way.
    The colors are so soft and pretty.
    I like the tulip cups you used for vases. The candelabra looks perfect elevated.
    And of course I love the butterflies!!

Janet I can't wait to see your new candy dish in a tablescape!
    Nana

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Very pretty table Candy! Love the pastels. Your dishes are pretty, love the candelabra and the flower mugs are so nice!

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Candy I love all the pastels for this setting.
    The shades of pink and blue with silver touches
    looks so lovely. Your embossed
    tablecloth brings added elegance to
    your dishes and pretty tulip cups.
    I agree - the candelabra on the tray and
    the butterflies created a lovely CP.
    jane

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Late again....but a big DITTO to what everyone else has said. Your table is just lovely and such a great combination for M.D., tulips, and spring.

hugs, Karen